Rainbow Vegetable Omelet (Omelette)
A Nutritious, Delicious & Visually Appealing Omelet!
As a Pesca-Ovo Vegetarian, I am sharing my favourite, rainbow-coloured vegetable omelet (omelette) recipe which is delicious, healthy, nutritious and usually puts an extra 'umph' or 'pizazz' in my day.
One of the best ways to ensure that your food intake is healthy, nutritious and that you are getting all of the required vitamins and nutrients that your body needs is by eating a 'rainbow diet'.
A 'rainbow diet' is one that contains as many, if not all, of the colours of the rainbow - Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Purple - since each food colour provides a different set of vitamins and micro-nutrients.
Additionally, I am like most people, I like attractive and interesting looking food. So whether I am making an omelet (omelette), baking a cake or cooking a rice dish, it must always have an eye-catching look.
This rainbow vegetable omelet (omelette) recipe effortlessly incorporates healthy, delicious and nutritious in your most important meal of the day BREAKFAST!
This omelet is so delicious that when I prepare it, I usually eat it by itself without bread or anything else. I just want all of that goodness by itself. Try it yourself and you will see what I mean.
If you don’t have an oven but you have a microwave, then this is the omelette maker for you!
It can hold between 3-4 eggs at the same time plus your vegetables etc. It has a non-stick surface which makes for easy cleaning and it is dishwasher safe.
Be sure not to overcook your omelette by leaving it too long in the microwave. Cook for a maximum of 2 minutes.
- (1/2) medium Tomato (diced)
- 1 small Carrot (grated)
- 3 tablespoons grated Cheese
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 sprig Thyme
- 2 sprigs Chive
- 1 sprig Celery
- 2 medium or large Eggs
- (1/3) teaspoon Salt
- (1/2) tablespoon Butter (optional)
- Dice (1/2) medium Tomato.
- Grate 1 small Carrot.
- Grate Cheese (equivalent of 3 tablespoons)
- Finely chop 1 clove Garlic, 1 sprig Thyme, 2 sprigs Chive and 1 sprig Celery.
- Sprinkle (1/3) teaspoon Salt.
- Mix all ingredients together evenly.
- Add 2 Eggs to the above vegetable mixture and vigorously beat together for approximately 1 minute, until light and fluffy.
- Pour the light and fluffy egg mixture into a baking dish and place into your pre-heated oven.
- Cook in oven for between 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Dig in with a fork and ENJOY this kaleidoscope of rainbow colours, nutrition and taste!!!
Other BREAKFAST Essentials
5 Stages to a Tasty Rainbow Vegetable Omelet (Omelette)Click thumbnail to view full-size
For those who prefer boiled eggs, then this is one of the best microwave egg boilers you will find! It can hard-boil or soft-boil up to 4 eggs at one time and it is dishwasher safe.
Don’t like your eggs boiled or as an omelette? Well here’s something for the poached egg lovers!
How Do YOU Like Your Eggs?
Visit the Catholic Contributor for more delicious recipes…
great product reviews for everyone, inspirational Catholic & Christian articles and winning gift ideas at http://www.thecatholiccontributor.com