Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Truffle Ravioli
Gordon Ramsay Gives The Ladies A Real Treat
Brioche dough is highly versatile. These little brioche "doughnuts" are filled with a chocolate ganache, which melts in the center and oozes out as you bite into them. Quite divine as a ladies dessert or treat with coffee.
Try adding 1/2 ounce up to 1 ounce of dark rum to the chocolate ganache for a real taste-bud explosion!
Recipe Credit: Chef Gordon Ramsay
Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Truffle Shopping List
3oz (80g) best-quality bittersweet chocolate
3 tablespoons (40g) unsalted butter
3 tablespoons heavy cream
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
2/3 cup (150ml) tepid milk
2 tablespoons sugar, plus extra for dusting
3 Â½ cups bread flour
2 teaspoons fine sea salt
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 large eggs, beaten
Vegetable oil, for deepfrying
Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Ganache Recipe
1) Break up the chocolate and place it in a heatproof bowl with the butter and cream. Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water while gently stirring until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes, then chill in the refrigerator until solid.
2) Using a small melon-baller, scoop out 20 to 24 balls of ganache. They do not need to be perfect spheres. Chill until required.
Gordon Ramsay Brioche Dough
1) Whisk the yeast into the milk with a teaspoon of sugar and set aside until it starts to froth.
2) Meanwhile, sift the flour and salt into a large bowl set on a damp cloth to hold it steady. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs and then mix in the remaining sugar. Make a well in the center then pour in the yeasty milk and all but 2 tablespoons of the beaten egg. Mix to a dough and shape into a ball with your hands.
3) Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 8 minutes or until the dough is smooth and has an elastic consistency. Place the dough ball in an oiled large bowl and turn the dough to coat it with oil. "Proof" the dough by covering the bowl with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size.
4) Punch down the dough, then knead until smooth. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to about a 1/8 inch (3mm) thickness. Using a 2 inch (5cm) cutter, press out 40-48 rounds, rerolling if necessary. Allow the dough to rest in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Gordon Ramsay's Tips On Shaping The Ravioli
1) Remove the saucer shaped dough from the refrigerator and arrange in four uniform rows of six. Place a chocolate ball in the center of half the rounds and brush around the edges with the reserved egg, thinned with a little water.
Cover the rounds with the remaining dough saucers and mold the dough around the chocolate with your fingers. Press the edges together well to seal. You will now have 20-24 little flying saucers.
When ready to serve, half-fill a deep saucepan or deep fryer with oil and heat to 350F (180C). Have a shallow bowl of sugar ready as well as paper towels for draining. Deep-fry the filled dough balls, four to six at a time, for 60-90 seconds or until golden brown. Using metal tongs, flip the ravioli halfway through cooking. Drain on paper towels for a minute, then toss in the sugar to coat.
Cool slightly, but serve warm so the chocolate center is still warm.
Gordon Ramsay's Finished Chocolate Truffle Recipe
In The Heat Of The Kitchen - Ramsay, Gordon
Gordon Ramsay's recipe for chocolate truffle ravioli can be found in this wonderful cookbook.
It is packed with recipes that Chef Ramsay uses in restaurants around the world. Try out his Fillet Mignon topped with wild mushrooms!
In the Heat Of The Kitchen was featured on Hells Kitchen and is one of my personal favorites.
Gordon Ramsay Dessert Recipe Books
Dessert recipes from master chef Gordon Ramsay
Gordon Ramsay's Just Desserts gives readers and cooks a glimpse into the in-house patisserie of his critically acclaimed London restaurant.
Other awesome recipes from Gordon Ramsay
- Gordon Ramsay Ultimate Christmas Recipes
Make christmas dinner like a pro with the Ramsay family. These delicious holiday dishes will have your mouth watering.
- Gordon Ramsay Recipes That Are Easy To Make At Home
Chef Gordon Ramsay has become one of today's most successful celebrity chefs. Gordon's passion for cooking and has touched the lives of many people and he continues today to make our culinary experiences a delight. I am going to share with you some..