How To Make Homemade Raspberry Sorbet
Homemade Raspberry Sorbet
Looking for the perfect summer dessert? Fresh raspberry sorbet is quick and easy to make, and it's also delicious.
About the Recipe
This recipe produces a slightly tart raspberry sorbet, full of pure raspberry flavor.
The texture of this sorbet is thick and smooth, and the color comes out as a bright, deep rose pink.
Note: One batch of this recipe produces enough sorbet for four generous single-scoop servings.
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
Making raspberry sorbetClick thumbnail to view full-size
- Wash the raspberries well.
- Dissolve 1/2 cup of sugar in 1/2 cup of water.
- Combine the sugar water mix and the raspberries in a blender.
- Optional: Strain out the raspberry seeds.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker.
- Freeze as for ice cream. It takes about 30 minutes in a 1 quart gel canister ice cream maker.
- Let the sorbet harden for an additional 30 minutes in the freezer. (Don't leave the sorbet in the freezer too long, or it will be hard to scoop and have the texture of a popsicle.)
- Serve immediately with fresh berries or mint sprigs.
MORE HOMEMADE SORBET RECIPES
- Homemade Apricot Sorbet
APRICOT: Ripe apricots are some of summer's finest fruits. They're soft, sweet and swollen with coral-hued juice. Capture the fresh taste of apricots with this homemade apricot sorbet.
- Homemade Grapefruit Sorbet
GRAPEFRUIT: The subdued sweetness of grapefruit sorbet is well matched by the pale pink color of each icy serving. If you'd love to try a dessert that mixes tangy and bitter flavors, this is it.
- Homemade Cranberry Sorbet
CRANBERRY: Homemade cranberry sorbet comes out in a bright red hue with a hint of cheery hot pink. The tart and tangy taste of cranberry makes this sorbet an unusual summer treat.
- Homemade Watermelon Sorbet
WATERMELON: Few foods convey summer simplicity better than watermelon. Even when watermelon is dressed up as a sorbet, it demands little fuss and little company.
- How to Make Homemade Mango Sorbet
MANGO: Mango sorbet is amazingly quick and easy to make at home. Only three ingredients. Only three steps: Blend, freeze and eat.
- How To Make Kiwi Lime Sorbet
KIWI-LIME: Kiwi fruit makes an unusual, but tasty, sorbet ingredient. This sorbet recipe combines ripe kiwi fruit and fresh lime juice into a unique, homemade frozen dessert.
- How To Make Blueberry Sorbet
BLUEBERRY-BANANA: Freeze blueberries and bananas together in a homemade sorbet, and the result is a sweet, smooth scoop in the prettiest shade of pale lavender.
- How to Make Strawberry Sorbet
STRAWBERRY: Making strawberry sorbet is surprisingly quick and easy, and the homemade product tastes of summer simplicity and sweet, strawberry goodness. All that's required: berries, sugar, water, citrus juice and an ice cream maker.
- Homemade Honey Peach Sorbet
HONEY-PEACH: Nothing is more summery than fresh peaches, and nothing is more welcome on a hot, sultry day than a bowl of homemade honey peach sorbet.