Raspberry Cornbread- Bursting with Fruit
One of my favorite treats is a nice warm piece of cornbread oozing with butter. I decided to take this one step further using my favorite cornbread recipe and adding fresh raspberries. Then I thought, why not go over the top and add some yummy raspberry preserves swirled in the batter. What I ended up with was a truly delicious cornbread bursting with berries and sweet preserves. I hope you enjoy this Raspberry Cornbread:
Serves: Makes 1 Loaf
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Grease a 9 inch loaf pan or use cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, butter and milk until well mixed.
- If batter is too thick, add more milk.
- Fold in raspberries.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Add small dollops of preserves over batter.
- Using a knife, swirl preserves into batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly, remove from pan and slice.