Refreshing Raspberry Granita
Very easy, yet elegant
I think it's fun to have a fancy dinner with several courses every now and then. I find that I am more likely to make some different types of dishes and that's where this Raspberry Granita comes into play. It's a light and refreshing in between courses and full of delicious raspberry flavor.
Not interested in fancy dinners, you say? Enjoy Raspberry Granita as an easy treat any time you like.
- 4 cups raspberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- lime slices or fresh raspberries
- Puree raspberries in a blender or food processor.
- Strain to remove seeds. In a saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil until sugar is dissolved.
- Let cool.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Add raspberries and stir.
- Pour mixture into a shallow pan and place in freezer for at least 3 hours.
- At one hour intervals scrape sides of pan and stir.
- After mixture is completely frozen, use a fork to scrape and form crystals for serving.
- Top with lime slice or raspberries.