- Food and Cooking
Raw Food Diet
Going Raw- Why eating raw foods is good for you.
Many people are turning to a raw diet for the sake of their health. So many mysterious illnesses are popping up. Could these be the cause of the chemicals and environmental toxins we ingest and breath in everyday? Maybe. They can't be good. We have to give our bodies a fighting chance by treating it the best we can. The biggest thing we can do is to eat healthy. If we want our bodies to be able to fight off toxins, bacteria, and parasites, we have to give it the energy it needs to stay healthy.
Benefits Of Eating Raw
* By eating raw food we are ingesting the vitamins and minerals needed for our bodies to function productively. When these foods are cooked, we destroy many of these essential vitamins and minerals.
* We need to ingest enzymes to aide in healthy digestion. Cooking is thought to denature the enzymes naturally present in food.
* Cooking can cause the formation of potentially harmful compounds in food during high heat cooking, such as advanced glycation end products and heterocyclic amines.
* Raw foods boost your energy.
* Less calories, you can eat more!
* More fiber which mean more regularity.
Why and what does it mean?
Raw beans, legumes, nuts, and seeds contain enzyme inhibitors that are normally destroyed with cooking. The nutrients can be released by soaking them and sprouting them. Each dry item is different but basically soaking them in purified water overnight in glass container is recommended.
After soaking the beans, seeds or legumes they can then be sprouted.
After draining them from the water, place them on a plate or tray and leave them out at room temp. You will see them open and start to sprout. Rinse them off once they have sprouted. They are then ready to eat.
What is it?
Fermented foods are foods produced or preserved by the action of microorganisms such as yogurt or sauerkraut.
Benefits of fermented foods:
* It reduces cholesterol levels in our blood.
* Fermented foods improve digestion and restore the proper balance of bacteria in the gut.
* Strengthens our immune systems.
* Fermented foods are rich in enzymes.
* Eating fermented food helps us to absorb the nutrients we're eating.
Some people choose to dehydrate their food. You can do this by heating food in a dehydrator at low temps. Dehydrating allows the nutrients to be saved in the food yet gives the food a long shelf life.
Foods you can make by dehydrating:
Pita Bread----> Pita chips
Tomatoes ---->Sundried tomatoes
Let food be thy medicine, thy medicine shall be thy food.- Hippocrates
Juicing is a great way of getting a large amount of nutrients and enzymes. You can put several whole veggies or fruits in a blender or juicer. If you want the fiber it is better to "blend" then to "juice." But either way you will get a huge amount of vitamins and mineral needed to keep you healthy.
Benefits of Juicing
* When you drink juice it digests easily which helps your body absorb nutrients rapidly into your system.
* When juicing you can can eat a much bigger quantity of veggies or fruits then you would be able to in one sitting, thus increasing the nutrients and antioxidants you are taking in.
* Aids in detoxing the liver.
* Helps to alkalize your system.
* Increased chlorophyll will help rebuild unhealthy blood cells.
* You will be taking in Vitamins like C and E which our immune system builders and antioxidants.
Green Alkalizing Smoothie
Raw Food Poll
Are you trying a Raw Food Diet now?
Vitamin A - Vitamin is essential for eye and skin health. It is an anti-oxidant.
It can be found in these vegetable and fruits.
Vitamin C - Vitamin C boosts the immune system and protects against cardiovascular disease, prenatal health problems, eye disease and skin wrinkling.
You will find Vit C in these fruits and vegetables.
Vitamin E - Vitamin E is an anti-oxidant that neutralizes free-radicals in the body that can cause cell degeneration. It helps to improve circulatory functions
Vitamin E can be found in the following fruits and vegetables.
Vitamin K - Vitamin K is beneficial for blood-clotting and the body's ability to repair itself and heal wounds.
You will find this in these fruits and vegetables.
Vitamin B - There are 11 vitamins that make up the group of B Vitamins. They help to reduce heart disease and stroke, aide in stress relief, help to alleviate d
These vitamins can be found in these fruits and vegetables.
"The doctor of the future will give no medication, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, diet and in the cause and prevention of disease."
- Thomas A Edison