Pineapple, Cucumber and Pecan Raw Food Detox Salad
Pineapple Salad, Raw Diet Deliciousness
Bestseller Raw Diet Cookbooks
Quick and Easy Salad Meal for Every Diet Plan
This is a very quick and easy raw food recipe and healthy salad that has the perfect combination of fresh ingredients, crunchy textures, juicy sweetness and salty creaminess. Each of the ingredients contributes to a perfectly balanced meal salad for a warm spring/summer day.
Besides being healthy, full of fiber, vitamins and minerals, this salad takes cero cooking time and about 15 minutes to get ready.
I am giving a basic salad recipe with a standard "fruit-vegetables-nuts-cheese" ratio as reference for you to customize as you wish, until it fits your personal preferences. For example:
- if you are on a strict raw diet or are vegan, you can omit the cheese;
- if you don´t like or don´t have Gouda cheese, you can use Edam, Cheddar or even Gruyere;
- if you have an inclination for any other kind of nuts –almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts , peanuts- you can use those instead of the pecans;
- you can toast the pecans or eat them raw (when toasted, the sweetness of the nuts becomes more evident and its flavor is highlighted);
- you can substitute the Italian lettuce for a darker green leave lettuce;
- if you don´t like or don´t have pineapple, you can use other fruits such as orange or pears;
- I almost never discard the skin of my fruit and veggies -unless it is absolutely not edible; in the case of cucumber, I leave the skin on for a higher fiber content, extra crunchiness and because I love to chew, but if you want them more tender you can also peel them.
My intention is to give inspiration for you to get creative and take advantage of the beautiful and healthy gifts of nature to become a healthier, happier eater.
Nutritional Facts of the Raw Diet Heroes Contained in this Pineapple Salad
- Cucumber Contains high levels of vitamin E, essential for healthy heart muscles, and iodine for healthy hair, nails, skin, teeth and thyroid function. Helps prevent water retention.
- Pineapple Contains bromelain, which has anti-inflammatory properties and helps the body digest protein.
- Lettuce Contains silicon, which helps promote calcium metabolism and eliminates excess uric acid deposits from the bone structure and bloodstream (the darker green leaves being richer than the lighter green ones).
- Pecans Good source of plant- derived protein and unsaturated fat, rich in omega 6 fatty acids. The antioxidants and plant sterols found in pecans reduce high cholesterol by reducing the bad LDL cholesterol levels.
Ingredients for the Pineapple Raw Food Detox Salad
- 1½ cups Italian lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- ½ cup cucumber (with or without skin), diced
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1⁄3 cup Gouda cheese, diced
- 1 cup Pineapple, diced
- 3 teaspoon oleic oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- salt and pepper
I am interested in this Pineapple, Cucumber and Pecan Salad because:
Instructions for the Pineapple Raw Food Detox Pineapple Salad
- To use the minimal amount of dishes, make everything in the same big bowl from which you´ll be eating your salad.
- Combine the vinegar with salt and pepper to taste and mix thoroughly.
- Add the oil and emulsify.
- Add the lettuce, cucumber and pineapple and toss together dressing it all up.
- Add the cheese and sprinkle the pecans on top.
- Enjoy your healthy, quick and esay salad meal.
Please Rate this Recipe
Healthy and Nutritious RecipesClick thumbnail to view full-size
If you liked this recipe you might also enjoy:
- Raw Jicama Cocktail Recipe, a Mexican Creation
A fresh cocktail that can be eaten as snack or entrée, made of Jícama -also known as Yam, Yam Bean or Mexican Turnip-, mixed with traditionally Mexican herbs and condiments.
- Healthy Breakfast Idea: Scrambled Eggs with Nopal
How to include vegetables at breakfast. Health benefits and other interesting facts about nopal, what it is and a healthy, delicious, quick & easy recipe for making scrambled eggs with nopal.
- Raw Broccoli and Cranberry Quick and Easy Salad Meal
Salad recipe with a turkey, vegetarian and vegan version. A quick, easy, inexpensive, crunchy, sweet and sour lunch for every day.