How To Easily Make A Delicious Chocolate Cake In A Mug
More Easy Microwave Desserts!
As well as easy to follow, you'll find that these dessert recipes soon become addictive!
Recipe & Method For Chocolate Cake in a Mug
If you're ready for a quick, delicious dessert to satisfy those chocolate cravings, then here's the thing for you: chocolate cake in a mug!
Even for someone like me who attempts very little cooking, this is a very easy recipe to follow. My late wife showed me how to create this yummy cake and, when I was living alone, it was a quick dessert for me to make.
So, let me walk you through a step by step guide on how to create this mouthwatering chocolate cake, which you can enjoy in around 10-15 minutes from preparation to eating.
It's such a simple recipe, it would be a great cooking experience for kids.
Share it with all your friends and family too.
What a treat for everyone!
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 5 min
- Ready in: 15 min
- Yields: 1
- 1 Large, tall microwave-safe mug
- 4 Tbsp. cake flour (recommended) - If you don't have cake flour, sift 1 cup (125g) of all-purpose flour and 2 Tbsp of cornstarch. Other kinds of flour will work as well, but the cake will be heavier.
- 4 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp. milk (any kind)
- 3 Tbsp. oil (NOT peanut oil)
- A splash of vanilla
Instructions For A Perfect Chocolate Cake in a Mug
- Grease the mug using spray oil.
- Add the sugar, cocoa and flour to the mug. Make certain all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Add the egg and mix in well.
- Add the oil and milk (as well as the vanilla, if you wish).
- At this point, make sure that everything you have added to the mug is well mixed. One thing you may find useful is to have a small hand whisk available to beat the mixture together further to obtain a better cake batter mix.
- Put the mug in your microwave and allow the batter to cook for three minutes. You may need to adjust the timing slightly depending on the wattage of your oven.
- As the cake cooks, you will see it rise over the top of the mug and then shrink back once the cooking time is up. Don't fret! This is supposed to happen :) As the mug is likely to be hot, be careful about taking it out of your oven.
- Loosen the cake around its edge with a knife or similar utensil. Having greased the mug, the cake should slip out more easily anyway.
- Cut it into manageable pieces and let it cool. You can now garnish it with a favorite topping or, if you prefer, ice cream, whipped cream or syrup.