- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Cookies & Biscuits
The Best-Ever Ginger Crinkles Molasses Cookie Recipe
An Easy and Delicious Recipe For Ginger Crinkles
This recipe for ginger crinkles is definitely a favorite in my house. It is one which we associate with the holidays although there is nothing to keep you from devouring these cookies all year around.
It is an extremely easy recipe with all of the ingredients coming together in two bowls with a wooden spoon. You then shape the dough into small balls, roll them in sugar and place them on the pan. Nothing could be easier.
When the cookies are finished cooking, the result will be cookies that are cracked or crinkled on the top just like those shown in the wonderful photographs from Flickr on this page.
This is the perfect ginger crinkle recipe and was originally from a copy of a fantastic publication called . Maybe this is the recipe you have been searching for... Canadian Living magazine
The Best-Ever Ginger Crinkles Cookie Recipe - So easy to make that all you need is a bowl, a wooden spoon, your measuring cups and cookie trays. This recipe mak
2/3 cup Vegetable Oil
1-1/4 cup Granulated Sugar (separated into 1 cup and 1/4 cup)
1/4 cup Fancy Molasses
1-3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 tsp Ground Ginger
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
- In a bowl whisk the oil with 1 cup of the sugar, then whisk in egg until it is smooth and finally whisk in the fancy molasses. In another bowl mix together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Pour the wet mix onto the try mix and stir until you have a moist dough.
- Using a 1 tbsp measure if you prefer bigger cookies or a 1 tsp measure if you prefer smaller cookies measure out the dough. Roll the dough into balls and then roll the balls into the reserved 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Bake on greased pans in the middle of your oven set at 375 degrees.
- The recipe says to cook for 12 minutes. I prefer 8 to 10 minutes but it will depend upon how you like your cookies cooked. When they are cooked, they will be flattened, cracked and possibly a little bit browned although I prefer rescuing mine from the oven before they are browned.
- Let cool on racks.
Ginger Crinkles Will Make Your House Smell Like A Million Dollars!
Calphalon Utensils Wood Medium Spoon
A comfortable wooden spoon is the only mixer you need to make these easy Ginger Cookies! This one is a great quality spoon. It is thick and solid with a smooth finish. (Items like this spoon are great ones to keep in mind when you are shopping on Amazon because sometimes you just need to spend a few dollars more to earn the 'free shipping.' Some people I know keep a running list of little things they need or want and use it when they are shopping on line.)
Experiment with your Ginger Crinkles. They taste good slightly underdone OR slightly crispy!
More Ginger Crinkle Recipes To Inspire You
- Ginger Crinkle Cookies Recipe | Eating Well
Cynthia Farr-Weinfeld, a hypnotherapist and writer, started improving the nutritional profile of a friend's mother's ginger cookie recipe by substituting whole-wheat pastry flour for all-purpose flour and canola oil for shortening.
- Big Ginger Cookies, Recipe from Martha Stewart Living, May 1998
Sanding sugar is coarser than granulated sugar and adds sparkle to finished baked goods.
- Molasses Crinkles Recipe | Epicurious.com
The zing of ginger and the sweetness of molasses combine in perfect proportions in this cookie
- Cooking Recipes & Baking Recipes with Butter, Eggs | Land O'Lakes
These chewy ginger crinkle cookies have a crisp, sugary top.
- Gingersnap Cookies Recipe - Joyofbaking.com *Video Recipe*
Ginger Snaps are a highly addictive, sugar coated cookie that gets its chewy texture and spicy flavor from adding brown sugar, molasses, and spices (cinnamon, ginger and cloves) to the batter.
- The Ultimate Ginger Cookies Recipe from Better Homes & Gardens
These soft, chewy cookies score a flavorful ginger triple-play by using ground, crystallized, and fresh forms.
- The Best-Ever M and M Cookies Recipe
This best-ever M&M cookie recipe makes irresistible cookies. Don't bake them unless you are prepared to eat them...LOL!
- Paul Galdone's The Gingerbread Boy
Paul Galdone's The Gingerbread Boy was a favorite of my boys when they were growing up. This gingerbread boy runs "as fast as he can" to avoid all of the characters in this book including the bakers, the farm animals, the threshers and the mowers....
- The Best-Ever Gingerbread Aprons
Do you love gingerbread? How about gingerbread men? If you do, you are going to love the fantastic gingerbread aprons that I have gathered together for you on this page. I remember taking my boys to the bakery when they were little and how their...
- Rose Levy's Christmas Cookies Cookbook
Rose Levy Beranbaum brings a beautiful collection of Christmas cookie recipes together in Rose's Christmas Cookies.
- The Best Cookies Bake Off Ever
This is going to be the best cookies bake off ever! Eventually on this page you will find gathered together an amazing collection of cookies that will include bar, drop, refrigerator, molded and pressed cookies. You will find lots of links to...
- WHICH IS BETTER A CUPCAKE OR A COOKIE?
By now we are sure that you have heard how trendy cupcakes have become but have you heard the recent rumour that cookies are making inroads into the territory that cupcakes are currently holding? That cookies may become the new cupcakes? What do...
- The Lenox Gingerbread House Cookie Jar
This lovely Lenox gingerbread house cookie jar will become a family heirloom.
© 2009 Treasures By Brenda