- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Pasta with white sauce
In simple terms,Wheat and water is what pasta made up of. The variety of wheat which is used called ‘durum’ which means ‘hard’ in Latin. Interesting fact is the early history of pasta does not begin with Italy but rather in the Shang dynasty in China.(1700-1100)where some form of noodles are known to have existed made either wheat or rice flour. Pasta also appears to have been a feature in the diet of ancient Greek civilization flourishing in the first millennium B.C. In fact the word ‘Lasagna’ comes from the Greek term Lagnon which consisted of strip of dough made with flour and water.
Popular legend is Marco polo introduced pasta to Italy following his exploration of far East but however there is an evidence In fourth century BC where an Etruscan Tomb having a picture of group of native making what appears to be Pasta.
In this century Pasta is known in every continent, and cooked in different ways to suit their taste and culture. Here is my simple recipe to cook Pasta with white sauce.Pasta are comfort food for families and especially for children.Hope you enjoy it with your family.
- 200 grams pasta of your choice
- large 1 onion
- 6 mushroom
- 60 grams cooking butter
- 8 pods garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 a teaspoon sugar
- required salt
- a teaspoon oil
- leaves of a bulb spring onion
- 10 gms cheese
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 250m milk
Pasta with white sauce
- Cut all the vegetables into small pieces..Before cutting take a large bottomed vessel with water enough to cook the pasta.To the water add a teaspoon of oil to avoid sticking add a teaspoon of salt.
- Stir for few times,after 10 minutes of cooking,pass the content in to a drainer.Run cold water on it, for 2 seconds and keep it aside.
- In a separate pan add the butter and all the cut vegetables fry them for a minute.Now add corn flour , fry it till it becomes fried with butter.
- Now add milk,sugar and stir it ,till it turns in to a thick sauce.To this thick sauce add pasta,pepper, salt and cook for sometime as the thick sauce is absorbed by pasta and get reduced.
- Remove the pasta in a serving bowl and serve hot with cheese grating.
Here is a help to cook pasta in three ways
- 3 Ways to Cook Pasta
Yes, you read that right -- 3 ways to cook pasta.
Nutrition Value of Pasta
Pasta is very good source of carbohydrates.It also contain protein,calcium.one cup of pasta provide 200 calories.110 grams of carbohydrate,less than one mg of fat and 2 grams of sodium.It has almost no cholesterol. It is a good source of several nutrients including Iron,several B vitamins,where whole wheat pasta can provide up to 25% of daily fiber requirements in every one cup portion.
One more pasta recipe by me
- Spirali Pasta with Tomato Sauce
One more Breakfast pasta recipe.
A traditional Italian recipe To cook Pasta
- Traditional Italian Cooking - A super easy pasta recipe - YouTube
Join host Susan Doherty on location in Santa Barbara wine country for traditional Italian cooking. Chef Leonardo Curti, of the popular Trattoria Grappolo, wh...
Which is your most favourite pasta?
© 2013 cheeluarv