Recipes For Wild Garlic Soup
Wild Garlic Soup Recipe
Recipes With Wild Garlic
As a Chef I am lucky to live in the countryside and have lots of wild edible food growing all around me, and I love to pick and use these wild foods in my cooking. Using the wild foods around me keeps my menus seasonal, fresh, healthy, exciting and also different from other restaurants that buy unripe out of season veg from God knows where,
So as soon as the wild garlic started to grow this summer, I was out picking it for the restaurant. Before work one morning, while walking my dog Charlie, I remembered about a friend from the Czech Republic who made me a garlic soup they eat at home, It was made with normal garlic and it was lovely, hot wholesome soup. He told me that its also good cold for breakfast to help cure hangovers (I am not sure if that's true). Any way I adapted the recipe and this is what I came up with. If you like garlic you will love it!
Please Rate My Wild Garlic Soup Recipe
Wild Garlic Soup Recipe Ingredients
- 5 rashers (slices).. Diced Bacon.., I like so use smoked bacon thick cut is better.
- 4/5 large.. Diced Peeled Potatoes.., Dice the potatoes in to half inch squares.
- 6 bunches (6 good hand full`s). Wild Garlic Leaves.., Wash your garlic well.
- 4 Pints.. Vegetable Stock.., Using a vegetable stock cube/paste with boiling water is fine.
- 2 large.. Whole Free Range Eggs.., Beat the egg.
Cooking Your Wild Garlic Soup,
- In a deep pot or saucepan sauté/fry off your bacon until it just starts to colour.
- Add the diced potatoes then pour in your stock and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes, until your potatoes are just getting soft.
- Now add your shredded/chopped wild garlic. Continue to simmer until your potatoes are cooked. This should be about 5 mins,
- Now with the soup still simmering you want to pour the beaten egg in a little at a time, while you are stirring the soup (the egg should go stringy looking). Add all the beaten egg while continuing to stir.
- Your Wild Garlic Soup should look a little like a Chinese style soup, It will have the egg and the green of the wild garlic. This is not a thick soup. Now you need to check the seasoning. Taste the soup and add salt and pepper as required.
- When you serve the soup try to get some of all the ingredients. Don't over stir the soup as you might start to break up the potatoes. Now Enjoy.
Soup Cook Time
© 2013 charlie cheesman