- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Squash Soup Recipe
Easy Squash Soup Recipe
This squash soup recipe is a true savior when there's not too much time for cooking and thick and creamy homemade vegetable soup is just perfect to warm your stomach as well as your soul.
Here I used red kuri squash since it has nice chestnut kind of flavor, but a butternut squash soup is of course delicious as well.
You may also like another smiling soup of mine here :)
For a Good Squash Soup You Need a Good Blender
One of my best friends in the kitchen is my small blender. Not only is it great for cream soups like in squash soup recipe, but also when you need to avoid chopping onions for some other recipe. Just cut them into chunks and throw them into this little helper and there you go. No smelly hands and most of all - no tears. Yay!
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 15 min
- Ready in: 25 min
- Yields: Serves two people one regular bowl of soup.
Squash Soup Recipe Ingredients
- 1 small squash
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp. of butter (or oil, if you prefer)
- 2 cups of water (or stock)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 cup of cooking cream
- salt and pepper as needed
Give that final touch to your food by serving it the right way. These soup bowls would fit just perfectly, don't you think?
- Peel squash and cut it into small cubes (the smaller the better) or use a canned one
- Do the same with onion (for garlic use garlic press)
- Put butter into sauce pan and melt it on lower heat
- Add onion and garlic and stir it for a minute
- Add squash and stir for another minute
- Add water (or stock) and simmer until squash gets tender (some 10 min)
- Take the veggies out with slotted spoon and blend it to get puree
- Add puree back to sauce pan
- Add cooking cream mixed with flour and stir a minute or two
- Season as you like