Rice Krispie Treats
Delicious and a breeze to prepare.
The traditional Kelloggs Rice Krispie Squares are a delicious nutritious snack that take just minutes to prepare.
Loved by children and parents alike these the Rice Krispie cereal treats are a handy after school snack for those who just can't wait till the next meal arrives to satisfy their hunger.
For a quick breakfast on the run they are ideal. You can even get creative and mold them into virtually any shape that your inventive mind can create. For a delightful, easy to prepare sweet, you just can't beat the low fat goodness of Rice Krispie Treats.
Images displayed on this article are from my family's personal photo album.
The recipe is so simple and takes just minutes from pot to treat.
- 40 large marshmallows
- 3 tbsp magarine
- 1 tsp vanila
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1. Melt margarine in the large saucepan.
- 2. Add in the marshmallows and stir over medium heat until melted.
- 3. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- 4. Add the Rice Krispies and stir mixture till all the Rice Krispies are covered in the marshmallow sauce.
- 5. Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Cover your hands in a light margarine coating just before forming these treats as this coating makes it is easier to use your hands to press the mixture into shapes or molds. (Keeps you from getting all sticky gooey too!)
- Put the saucepan to soak in warm water. Any remaining marshmallow mixture will dissolve in the water.
- You can enjoy this treat within minutes of preparation.
A Treat The Whole Family Can Enjoy
A Little History On Kelloggs Rice Krispie Treats
Kelloggs Rice Krispie Treats were invented in 1939 by a lady named Mary Barber and the staff of the home economics department at Kelloggs.
This was one year before this now famous recipe was released to the public. Rice Krispies treats first appeared on the Kellogg's Rice Krispies box in 1940.
Since that time this recipe has been prepared by thousands of mom's all around the world. Rice Krispie treats have been molded into hundreds of different shapes and delighted millions of young family members all around the globe.
That means that it is now over sixty years that this delicious and nutritious snack has been enjoyed by families everywhere.
These treats can be molded into all kinds of shapes and sizes.
Zip up your Rice Krispie treats....it is sooooo easy to do!
Kelloggs has recently introduced a variety of flavored Rice Krispies Cereals so creating new and zestier Rice Krispies treats is easier than it has ever been before.
There are now Kellogg's Coco Krispies, Berry Krispies, Rice Krispies with Real Strawberries, Coco Krispies Choconilla as well as the original Rice Krispies Cereal. Each and every one of these cereals can be used within the basic "Rice Krispies Squares Recipe" to create an amazing array of new amazingly taste tantalizing treats to serve up to your family.
For even more variety use cookie or jello molds to create treats of your own personal design.
A few more of my kid friendly recipes. Oh yum yum yummy!
- Sloppy Jo Biscuit Recipe
Sloppy Joes are one of those meals that are delicious, but so messy that a lot of families are afraid to make them.
- Homemade Baby Food: Carrots, Sweet Potato, Peas
There's nothing healthier for your little baby than homemade organic foods, and it really isn't as much work as you think it is going to be, but I won't lie, there is some work involved.
- Easy Delicious Melt In Your Mouth Chocolate Chip Cookies
I have tried many chocolate chip cookies in my days, and out of all of them, this one is by far the best one I've had yet.
© 2009 JoleneBelmain