- Food and Cooking
Rice Pudding Easy and Delicious Comfort Desert
Rice Pudding a Comfort Desert
Rice pudding is one of those old fashioned desserts. It is a really delicious comfort type dessert. It is made with very common ingredients that you most likely keep on hand in your home.
Rice Pudding has been known all around the world. Many countries have their own variety of Rice pudding.
Most are made with milk, however some are made with water. Usually they will all contain sugar and cinnamon, and eggs. The eggs are used to help hold the pudding together,
In many countries, rice pudding was used medically. Sometimes for stomach ailments,
- Cooked Rice 4-5 cups
- Milk 3 cups
- Eggs 3
- Vanilla 1 & 1/2 teaspoons
- Cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- Sugar 1 & 1/2 cups
- Raisins 1/4 cup (optional)
- Place cooked rice in a large saucepan
- Add milk and stir often over medium high heat
- While this is cooking break eggs into a mixing bowl, and add vanilla and cinnamon and combine, let stand
- When rice and milk mixture is heated through and seems to be thickened a little, add sugar and stir more to combine and melt sugar.
- Next add egg mixture and stir to combine being careful to mix well. Add raisins if desired.
- Continue to cook for about 5-7 minutes stirring often. Remove from heat and let stand for about 1 minute.
- You can serve hot in small desert dishes or place in a bowl or casserole dish to chill for 30 - 60 minutes or until desired.
- I like to sprinkle cinnamon or cinnamon sugar on top for garnish.
Rice Pudding ummm....
Rice Pudding seems to be one of those desserts that we forget about. It is very easy to think of cakes, brownies, cookies and even pies, but we seldom think about rice pudding. What a shame that is. This happens to be a delicious dessert, and it is easy to make and inexpensive and you probably have everything on hand in your home now. Now that is exactly the kind of recipe that I like.
Easy to make
Already have the ingredients
So what is the hold up? Lets get cooking!