The Best-Ever Molded Rice Salad Recipe
A Make-Ahead, Vegetable-Infused Molded Rice Salad
If you are looking for a tasty, cold rice side dish, The Best-Ever Molded Rice Salad With Vegetables is ideal. It is a simple and satisfying make-ahead side dish, consisting of just seven ingredients -- including one and a half cups of your favorite raw vegetables.
This molded rice dish is one that I always serve when we have Christmas Dinner in July (or June or August or whenever) but of course it would be just as good whenever you need a cold side dish.
- 5 cups of cooked rice HOT
- 1 1/2 cups vegetables chopped or shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 to 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 pepper to taste
- Prepare, by either chopping or shredding, 1 1/2 cups of vegetables that you like to eat raw. These vegetables can include green onions, peppers, celery, peas, carrots, zucchini, radishes. I would avoid wet vegetables like cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Cook your choice of rice.
- Put the hot cooked rice into a large bowl with the vegetables and stir together gently and then stir in the mayonnaise, mixing well.
- In a separate dish, whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and then add this wet mixture to the rice and vegetables.
- Put the mixture into a 6-cup mold or other container (I simply use a loaf pan) and chill until needed.
Rate this Recipe
Canadian Living Magazine
Still offering up fresh summer salad recipes and so much more.
The Best-Ever Molded Rice Salad recipe was adapted from a recipe that appeared in Canadian Living magazine many years ago. I have tweaked the recipe a bit here to make it more friendly in today's culinary world.
Canadian Living magazine is an extremely enjoyable magazine because it covers a wide variety of interests including current events, family life (with all forms of the family represented) and, of course, recipes.
Tupperware 6-Cup Salad Mold
As is obvious from the photo of my rice salad shown above, you do not need to have a salad mold to make this recipe. (I used a loaf pan.) However, I am sure that my salad would be more attractive if I did have a salad mold like this one from Tupperware, which would have allowed me to put a second salad like my Snow Pea and Cherry Tomato Salad in the middle.
More Molded Salad Recipes
- Double Cranberry Molded Salad Recipe From Epicurious
Epicurious shares their recipe for Double-Cranberry Molded Salad.
- Lime Sherbet Molded Salad from Taste of Home
Interesting lime sherbet molded salad recipe from Taste of Home.
- Sensational Shrimp Mold Recipe from Paula Deen and the Food Network
Paula Deen and the Food Network bring you a Sensational Shrimp Mold recipe.
Simply Salads Cookbook
By Jennifer Chandler
Simply Salads boasts near perfect five-star reviews from the Amazon customers who have purchased it. It is a cookbook packed with more than 100 recipes that are fairly simple, starting as it does with pre-washed salad bases. (Although I always rewash my salad, it still seems easier to start with a bag of pre-washed lettuce for some reason.) Author Jennifer Chandler shares recipes for a wide and varied selection of salads including a Steakhouse Wedge Salad, a Margarita Chicken Salad, a Thai Beef Salad and a Lobster Salad. She also includes dressings and coleslaws and bean, rice and pasta-based dishes.
More Summertime Recipes
- Complete Make-Ahead Summer Dinner Menu & Recipes
Summertime and the living is easy! Or maybe just easier with this complete summer dinner menu comprised mostly of recipes that can be made ahead! Some of them require quite a bit of work beforehand (potato salad generally does) but, on the day you...
- The Best-Ever Summer Salad Recipe Collection
There is nothing quite like a crisp and crunchy salad in the summertime...or a potato salad or a macaroni salad for that matter. On this page, please join us in our celebration of the magnificent summer salad. Here you will find links to a...
- The Best-Ever Marinated Snow Peas and Tomatoes Salad...
If you are looking for a very fresh, wonderfully nutritious, extremely delicious and boldly colorful salad, The Best-Ever Marinated Snow Peas and Tomatoes salad is the one for you. It is a simple salad or side dish, consisting of just eight...
- The Best-Ever Looneyspoons Garden Salad Recipe
Looking for a yummy low-fat salad recipe? This Looneyspoons recipe is nutritious and delicious!
- The Best-Ever Molded Rice Salad Recipe
Here's a different way to serve your rice in the summertime: in a molded salad.
- The Best-Ever Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe
We've been eating this super delicious egg salad sandwich for almost twenty years. It is without question the best sandwich that we make and it is most definitely a family favorite. The recipe makes enough egg salad for two or three sandwiches but...
- The Best-Ever Hawaiian Potato Salad Recipe
Potato salad, made with this recipe, is one of my favorite things to eat in the summer.
- The Best Salad Spinner Is The OXO Good Grips Salad S...
Eating healthily is a little easier when you have great kitchen tools like this OXO salad spinner!
- The Best-Ever Glazed Baked Ham Recipe
If you're looking for an easy to put together meal, consider a baked ham.
© 2011 Treasures By Brenda