Roast Chicken with Banana Stuffing
Chicken Roasted with Stuffing of a Different Kind
Chicken is one of those meats which goes well with just about everything, but have you ever tried it with Banana?
Banana is a herb and is used in many places of the world in many forms in cooking. Green bananas are widely used in Africa and South America. Overripe bananas are often used in cakes and puddings. Now use it in a chicken for great flavour and something just a little different.
Before you begin this recipe you need to know that it is one I favor cooking on top of the stove in a large saucepan. Many, however, prefer to do it in the oven in which case the cooking time may vary, depending on how good your stove is.
Prep Time: 15 miinutes
Total Time: 80 -90 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 1 whole chicken washed and prepared
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 large onion
- 2 -4bay lleaves
- 1 banana
- salt to taste
- garlic if desired
- Rub the outside of the chicken with some salt. Place sprigs of thyme, rosemary, marjoram and the banana inside the cavity,. If preferred you can also close the cavity with a slice of bread (preferably the crust)
- Place cubes of onion and garlic in the bottom of the pan in a tablespoon of oil and cook lightly. If cooking in the oven you might prefer to put the onion inside the chicken along with the banana. Place it on top of the onion along with vegetables, such as potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, and any other you desire.
- Add a quarter of a cup of water or a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil if cooking in oven. If using a large saucepan on the top of the stove there is no need for the water or oil but place a lid on it. The chook and veges make their own delicious juices in which they cook and there is no wasteage of the wonderful flavors.
- Thicken the gravy with a little cornflour if preferred. Serve immediately with the banana from inside and lots of green vegetables freshly cooked. Also great cold with salad..
Vote for your Preference
Would you cook this on top of the stove or in the oven
My kitchen is stocked with the best cookware that I can buy. The Lagostini saucepan I use for my chicken is over 35 years old and is used almost everyday. It has never let me down and I can roast, boil, stew, and even put it in the oven if I want. It allows me to cook most of ,y dishes on top of the stove and save enormously on energy bills, as heating the oven takes a lot of energy. It is quality and one of the most useful things in my kirchen. It is also used for my preserved and bottling.
This Company also supplies cookware that heats evenly. It guarantees its pots and pans for consistently wonderful food.
If you are a professional chef then these products at wholesale price will meet all your kitchen supplies needs. For a new restaurant or replacing a current kitchen it offers superior and cost effective solutions. It is currently offering many items at greatly reduced prices.
Check it out!
Company supplies frozen meal recipes so you have them on hand to enjoy at any time and when you simply don't feel like cooking, Over the holidays this usually happens a lot so why not take advantage of this great opportunity. Prepare your meals ahead of time and cook for the future. It's the modern thing to do.
What's Your Take on This Recipe?
Would you use bananas as a stuffing
This extensive selection of high-quality wine accessories, wine cellars, glassware, and more will delight you. From wine racks to wine glasses, for a loved one or business associate, this enormous range of wine-related products make the perfect gifts. Company can even help you design and build your own wine cellar. Check it out on the web site
You ae Invited
I'm a Squidoo lensmaster, and I'm inviting you to join me. Find and share recommendations online by building a lens. Click the link below to get started. If you are a visitor then this is your chance to join in and start creating lenses like this one.
Still images from Dreamstime - click here
Please scribe your thoughts here. Thank you for visiting
© 2010 norma-holt