Roasted Summer Corn Salad
A Fun Summer Side Dish Bursting with Flavor
The time spent grilling the corn for this Roasted Corn Salad is so worth it. This one step is the most important and gives this summer side dish its delicious flavor. This salad pairs well with just about anything you can grill. Top it with grilled salmon, shrimp or chicken and your entire meal is ready.
Note: If fresh corn on the cob is not available, 3 cups of frozen corn may be substituted. Saute the frozen corn with a little olive oil on the stove top until it starts to brown and the corn will have a similar flavor.
- 4 ears corn with silk removed and husk intact
- 2 tbls. olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 can kidney or black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbls. olive oil
- 1 tbls. vinegar
- 2 tsp. fresh snipped dill
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Prepare grill for medium heat.
- Fold back corn husks and brush corn with olive oil.
- Cover corn with husks and wrap in foil.
- Grill for about 20 minutes, turning twice, let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine other vegetables, set aside.
- Stir together remaining ingredients, including salt and pepper to taste, and pour over vegetables.
- Cut corn off of the cob and add to vegetable mixture.
- Chill for about an hour and serve.
Some of the best BBQ recipes from Bobby Flay.