My Pretty Salad- Roasted Red Pepper and Beet Salad
A nice fresh salad goes so well with just about any dish. The reason I like this Roasted Red Pepper and Beet Salad is that it can be served as a side dish or made into a main dish by adding your choice of meat and, if vegetarian some rice or couscous. I call this a "pretty salad" that is perfect when having guests because the colors make it so appetizing and vibrant!
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced beets
- 2 cups salad greens
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tbls. vinegar
- 1 tbls. honey
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set oven to broil.
- Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Roast peppers under broiler turning often until charred, let cool.
- Meanwhile place all dressing ingredients in blender until well mixed.
- After removing skin and seeds from peppers, chop coarsely.
- Arrange salad ingredients on plates.
- Drizzle with dressing.