Are your Crab Cakes Naked? How about a Sauce for those Crab Cakes
Snazz them up with a Delicious Sauce, it's like BLING for your Crab Cake
A Great Sauce is the perfect Companion to any Meat or Seafood and a Sauce for Crab Cakes is no exception. It is what really makes the entrée soar to new heights when it comes to taste. The key is to accentuate and intensify the flavors. My favorite reason is the presentation you can make by using sauces is nothing short of outstanding.
Ever wonder how the Chef's in your favorite Restaurants create such Visually Delicious Presentations. Well, then you have come to right lens because we will be including a few Tips and Tricks of the Trade on how to present an entrée to your guests and get the "Wow" factor.
These sauce recipes on this lens were created to be paired with Maryland Crab Cakes and can be used for other Seafood Recipes. Adding a dipping sauce to your Crab Cakes really makes a statement and is so easy to do. There are so many alternative to the basic Tartar Sauce Recipe Also, if you need a Maryland Crab Cake Recipe, then you will want to check out our other lens Maryland Crab Cake Recipes.
Sauces come in a different flavors and textures. As you read through these different types of Sauce for Crab Cakes, them you may begin to notice common elements of each. Once you find the pattern, why not, let your hair down and begin to experiment with some of your own fabulous creations.
My favorite Dipping Sauce for Crab Cakes! Very easy sauce recipe with ingredients you most likely have on hand.
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbl Butter
- 2 Lemon Wedges
- 1 tsp Finely Chopped Italian Parsley
- Brown Butter to a golden brown, not black. The solids will settle to the bottom, spoon the crispy solids of the butter out of pan and add to the Mayo in mixing bowl (use a high quality Mayonnaise). It's okay to use some of the clarified butter, but keep this to a minimum and put aside for another use or discard the rest.
- Take the lemon wedges and squeeze both of them into the mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tsp of finely chopped italian parsley and mix well.
- Serve in a ramekin or small bowl.
- Lemon Caper Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Crushed Capers
- 1 batch Lemon Browned Butter Mayonnaise
- Add crushed capers to a batch of the Lemon Browned Butter Mayo recipe.
- Mix well and serve.
- Orange Marmalade:
- 1 Tbl Orange Marmalade
- 1 batch Lemon Browned Butter Mayo
- Add Orange Marmalade to the Lemon Browned Butter Mayo recipe.
- Mix well and server.
- Photo: ScottiesRock
What Flavors do you think intensify Crab Meat?
Sauce for Crab Cakes, The possibilities are endless for. Crab Meat is very rich and the texture is quite unique, while alone it does not carry an abundance of flavor, the spices you select to add to your cake is what really makes it delectable. However, not all flavors will play nicely with the Maryland Crab Cakes. Here is a list of some of our favorite Crab enhancers.
Which one would you like to try?
Serve your Crab Cake Sauce in a Ramekin - Dipping Sauce for Crab Cakes
Find the perfect bowl to house your Special Crab Cake Sauce.
Red Pepper Coulis - Red Pepper Sauce for Crab Cakes
A delicious Red Pepper Sauce for Crab Cakes. Extremely easy sauce recipe to prepare.
- 1 Whole Red Bell Pepper (cored and seeded)
- 1 tsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Tbl Melted Butter (microwave 20 seconds to melt)
- 1 lemon wedge
- Roast the Red Bell Pepper on an open flame or use a broiler, and place pepper as close to the heat as you can. Blister and Blacken the skin of the pepper. Run under cool water and peel skin away and discard.
- After peeling skin from pepper, put roasted red pepper in a food processor.
- Add all remaining ingredients, including the squeezed juice of 1 lemon wedge.
- Run food processor on full speed for 5 minutes, stopping in the middle to scrape.
- Sauce should be very fine.
- Serve in ramekin or small bowl along side your favorite Crab Cakes.
- Photo: ScottiesRock
Cuisinart DLC-4CHB Mini-Prep
While there are so many food processors on the Market. This little guy is packed with power. The beauty of this unit is its size, it takes up very little counter space and breezes through any job with flying colors.
This is a 4 cup bowl and is great for the majority of tasks in the kitchen, from chopping up veggies or grating cheese. The parts are dishwasher safe which make cleaning up a breeze. The compact size is great, when you are finished just wrap it up and store it in a cabinet. This mini chopper is so lightweight and so powerful, you will be amazed at what this little guy can do.
Spinach Basil Aioli - Aioli Sauce for Crab Cakes
Easy to prepare Aioli Sauce for Crab Cakes. All you need is a little Spinach and Basil for this one. Enjoy!
- 1 cup Baby Spinach leaves (destemmed)
- 6 Basil Leaves (destemmed)
- 1/8 tsp Wasabi
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Clove Garlic
- Preheat a saute pan on medium heat, add Spinach and Basil leaves with Tablespoon of water and cover for 20 seconds, you just want to soften the leaves, not cook.
- Add all ingredients including Spinach to a Food Processor and run on full speed for 5 minutes, stopping once in between to scrape.
- Run through a Sieve to remove any larger pieces. Your final sauce should have a velvety smooth texture.
- *An immersion blender is a great tool for sauces and gravies. It can be immersed right into the liquid, hot or cold to create velvety smooth gravies and sauces.
- Photo: ScottiesRock
Immersion Blenders - Do you own one of these?
Immersion Blenders are fantastic little tools for making the most awesome sauces and gravies. Velvety smooth every time.
Sauce for Crab Cakes
Stoned Crab Featured Sauces
Some of the sauces we feature at the Stoned Crab are Lemon Browned Butter Mayonnaise, Our Red Pepper Sauce which is "Roasted Red Pepper Coulis", and Chipotle Tartar. The overall favorite of our customers is the Lemon Butter Browned Mayonnaise. We like to experiment and will routinely run other variations which we like to introduce as "Features for the Day". This allows us to test it out on our customer base and get some feedback to help us make decisions for future menus.
Oh what fun you can have with one of these - Using Sauces to add Pizzazz to the plate
Let those creative juices flow. Think of "Harold and the Purple Crayon".
Tricks of the Trade - Sauce for Crab Cakes
A squeeze bottle is one of the cheapest yet best kitchen tools to have. You can really add some pizzazz to your main dish.
You simply pour your sauce of choice in the squeeze bottle and drizzle and squirt to create interesting patterns to really make your entrée look cool. You can use dots, dashes or spell something out. Imagine the fun you can have with such a simple item. Just be careful and do not to go overboard.
Remember, Less is more.
Nutella Cookies ... NOT just for Hipsters Anymore
So you may be thinking to yourself ... YUM, Nutella Cookies ... very interesting OR if you are more like me, you would be curling your lip up in displeasure ...
Crab Bisque better then sex? I know this may sound strange and maybe even a bit overboard and hopefully I have not offended anyone. But let me explain... My...
Quick & Easy Lobster Tail Recipe
Have you been searching for an easy Lobster Tail Recipe? Making Lobster Tail at home is really quite easy. Whether grilled or steamed, Lobster is just one of...
How to Cook Prime Rib
Are you wondering how to cook Prime Rib at your very own home to mouth-watering perfection. Well I am going to show you how. We have been serving Prime Rib ...
Crock-Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
I think it is time you tried Crock-Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage. Crockpot or Slow cooked corned beef and cabbage is so easy, I don't really know why it isn't ...
I must admit that when I was growing up, pickled beets were not one of my favorite foods. I remember saying to my parents that beets taste like dirt and who ...
How about a nice Red Pepper Sauce for your Crab Cakes or maybe you would prefer an Aioli Sauce for your Crab Cakes made from fresh Spinach. There is always the Basic Tartar Sauce, but isn't it time to live life a little.