Self Rising Flour Recipes
The Best Self Rising Flour Recipes
Self rising flour recipes can be difficult to find. But, if you have self rising flour on hand you'll want some good recipes that allow you to use it up. Self rising flour also comes in handy if you're out of baking powder and baking soda. Here you'll find a variety of great recipes that use self rising flour, from desserts to breads. And if you happen to have a recipe that calls for self rising flour and you only have all-purpose flour in your pantry then I also share the recipe for making your own self rising flour at home.
Check out all of the self rising flour recipes below.
Image: Flour on Flickr.
This beer bread recipe is super easy and calls for self rising flour. You can add more flavor to this recipe by baking in herbs and cheese into the bread or sprinkling garlic salt on top just before baking.
Photo credit: Homemade bread on Flickr.
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 12 oz bottle of beer
- Mix together all three ingredients (add cheese and/or basil if desired). Place in a lightly greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Pour melted butter over top and bake for 10 more minutes.
Fluffy Biscuits Recipe - Self rising flour biscuit recipe
Here is a simple recipe to make super soft and fluffy breakfast biscuits with self rising flour. Your family will really enjoy having homemade biscuits for breakfast and they really are so easy to make.
Image credit: Homemade biscuits on Flickr.
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- Blend all ingredients together well. Drop by the spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes at 450 degrees.
Blackberry Cobbler Recipe with Self Rising Flour - Self rising flour cobbler recipe
This super easy cobbler recipe uses self rising flour and frozen berries.
Image credit: Blackberry cobbler on Flickr.
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 cups frozen blackberries
- Whisk together the flour, milk, and 1 cup of sugar just until blended. Stir in the melted butter. Pour the batter into a lightly greased 12 x 8 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the blackberries and remaining 1/4 cup sugar evenly over batter. Bake at 350Â° for 1 hour or until golden brown and bubbly.
Old Fashioned Southern Tea Cake Recipe - Old fashioned tea cake recipe with self rising flour
This old fashioned southern tea cake recipe calls for self rising flour. It creates a tea cake that looks like a very pillowy sugar cookie. It isn't as sweet as a cookie though, so it goes well with tea or coffee.
Image credit: The Southern Plate
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Add eggs and mix well. Add flour and stir. Finally add the vanilla and mix well. Roll out the dough on a floured sheet of wax paper. Cut out shapes with a cookie or biscuit cutter. Bake at 350 for ten minutes. Sprinkle with sugar while warm or ice with easy icing (see below).
- Easing Icing
- 2 Tablespoon softened butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 to 3 drops food coloring
- Cut butter into the powdered sugar. Add the milk and stir until you break up all the lumps. Add the vanilla and food coloring in your choice of colors. Stir until mixed well. Spoon the icing onto the tea cakes and spread with the back of a spoon.
- Recipe with detailed photos can be found at the Southern Plate.
Recipe for Self Rising Flour - Make your own self rising flour
If your recipe calls for self rising flour, but you don't have any, simply make your own.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Sift and stir all ingredients together then use as self rising flour in your favorite recipes.
How to Make Self Rising Flour
Do You Buy Self Rising Flour
Do you buy self rising flour?
Absolutely and I'm always looking for more self rising flour recipes.
More Self Rising Four Recipes - Links to more recipes with self rising flour
Below you will find links to even more recipes that call for self rising flour.
- 168 self rising flour recipes : RecipeLand
168 self rising flour recipes . From Pumpkin Scones to Basil Beer Bread.
- Bread Recipes Using Self rising Flour - Ask.com
Are you looking to make Bread Recipes Using Self rising Flour? You'll find the most unique and interesting Recipes here!
- Easy Peach Cobbler
A yummy treat that's super easy to make.
- White Lily Cheese Biscuits
A self rising flour recipe for cheddar biscuits.