- Food and Cooking
Seven Layer Cookies: A Special Holiday Treat!
I've prepared a lot of recipes lately that I've considered my favorite - and I have to say, these 7 Layer Cookies are an absolute contender for my favorite sweet treat. They are what every guilty pleasure should be - rich, decadent...and unbelievably easy to make. And here is a special tip - if you limit your indulgence to only the holiday season, then these cookies will be that much more special and satisfying.
While I will occasionally bake a batch of these to stay in the house, they are best used as a gift or for a dinner party dessert. I've made these when hosting my book club, as dessert for Thanksgiving Dinner, and as part of a holiday cookie tray - and each time, they are a huge hit.
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 30 min
- Ready in: 40 min
- Yields: 20
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup butter
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- 1 bag butterscotch chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 14 oz. condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Completely melt the butter and pour into the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs over the butter. You can use a spatula to evenly spread if you need to.
- Evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips over the graham cracker mixture.
- Evenly sprinkle the butterscotch chips over the chocolate chips.
- Evenly spread the shredded coconut over the chips.
- Carefully pour the condensed milk over the coconut. Be careful to not pour too quickly so that the mixture is even.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts over the condensed milk.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.Let cool for a few hours before cutting. I will often make these a day ahead of time to ensure they have plenty of time to cool.
If you're planning on bringing cookies to your next party, why not dress them up a bit? A nice holiday box can really add to the presentation of your holiday treats.
Plain and simple. Let the cookies be the showcase!