- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients
Shepherd's Pie Recipe
Amazing Shepherd's Pie Recipe
Shepherd's Pie is a simple homey dish consisting of potatoes and ground beef. For some, it is comfort food.
This recipe is a cheater recipe of sorts in that it uses just seven ingredients, which include both canned vegetables and soup. If you love Shepherd's Pie but want to try a slightly different version, you might want to try this easy one today.
I have also included a video that features step-by-step instructions on how to make a simple Shepherd's Pie recipe! I hope you enjoy it.
Calories: 336 | Total Fat: 16.3g Cholesterol: 50mg
- Prep time: 25 min
- Cook time: 45 min
- Ready in: 1 hour 10 min
- Yields: 8
- 5 potatoes- peeled and quartered
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, reserving some of the cooking liquid. Mash potatoes with a little of the cooking liquid. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef until brown over medium-high heat. Drain fat from pan. Stir in mushrooms, mixed vegetables, mushroom soup, celery soup, and salt and pepper; heat through. Pour into prepared baking dish, cover with mashed potatoes, and dot with butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are golden and beef and vegetable mixture is hot and bubbly.
More Shepherd's Pie Recipes
- No-fuss Shepherd's Pie from BBC Good Food
We've got some lovely twists on shepherd's pie on the site, but we were missing a definitive version of this classic family recipe - here it is!, from BBC Good Food.
- Easy Shepherds Pie Recipe from SimplyRecipes.com
American favorite shepherd's pie recipe, casserole with ground beef, vegetables such as carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes.
- Shepherd's Pie Recipe from Martha Stewart
You'll like the convenience of this comforting dish. It calls for frozen vegetables instead of fresh and can be made the day before.
- Shepherd's Pie VI Recipe from Allrecipes.com
This easy shepherd's pie is a layered casserole of ground beef and veggies in a homemade gravy. It's topped with Cheddar cheese mashed potatoes.
- Shepherd's Pie Recipe : Alton Brown and the Food Network
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Shepherd's Pie recipe from Alton Brown.
- Criss-Cross Shepherd's Pie
Criss-Cross Shepherd's Pie recipe from the folks at Kraft.
- My Best-Ever Recipes Collection
I have shared many of my family's favorite recipes online. You will find your way to them through this, the index page to my best-ever recipes collection.
- The Best-Ever Creamy Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
Yummy. Just thinking about this recipe for scalloped potatoes brings on the heavenly aroma that they create as they bake and makes me hungry.
- The Best-Ever Glazed Baked Ham Recipe
If you're looking for an easy to put together meal, consider a baked ham.
- The Best-Ever Country Seed Bread Recipe
This homemade bread recipe, made with the assistance of a bread machine, wins rave reviews every time.
- The Best-Ever Summer Salad Recipe Collection
There's nothing like a cold supper of salad in the summertime. On this page, find a selection of salad options.
- The Best-Ever Hawaiian Potato Salad Recipe
Potato salad, made with this recipe, is one of my favorite things to eat in the summer.
- The Best-Ever Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe is by Martha...
We love biscuits and in particular, this buttermilk biscuit recipe. My son and his girlfriend had no problem recreating this yummy recipe!