short ribs crock pot style
Short Ribs Crock Pot Style
Pork Loin Short Ribs
This past 4th of July weekend, I and two other friends departed that Thursday by car traveling 10 hours to Covington Georgia where our hotel accommodations where booked. We attended a magnificent three day French Assembly held in Conyers Georgia which is about 35 miles beyond Atlanta. So from Covington to Conyers the drive was only about 12 minutes.
Well I wanted ribs so bad because to be honest I have yet to find a great rib place in Indy. All that I have tasted thus far are either too tough, or to fatty. I will not mention the vendors by name because one of the friends in the car loves one of those establishments but I say to each his own. The other sister in the car thinks she is a rib connoisseur and kept saying you're not going to find no good rib place in Georgia. Well I wasn't convinced because we have different taste in many areas and I wanted some down south RIBS!
We found this really nice little place Shane's Rib Shack, that was located in a small strip mall right next to the Hampton Hotel off 20 East exit 93 where we stayed. Which by the way is a very nice and clean hotel and I will be returning there next year.
Anyway, Shane's ribs were so delicious that all three of us were licking our fingers and smiling big when we left. Also we taken a 4th person with us to eat there and she returned the next day driving from where she roomed off exit 82 with this family of 4 because she bragged about the ribs so much the others just had to check them out too. Shane received all thumbs up from eight people in our group that weekend.
So I was inspired by his tender ribs to come home and cook my own batch of ribs and everyone loved them. I hope that you will love them too. Just follow the recipe and enjoy the flavor.
- 10 Pound Box Pork Loin Back Ribs, Already Portioned
- 3 Tablespoons Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Cumin
- 3 Tablespoons Garlic, Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Red Pepper, Crushed
- 1 Whole Onion, Sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon, Juice
- 3 Cups Water
Tender Ribs Recipe
- Rinse off the ribs completely then place in large crock pot or large cooking pot same cooking time.
- Add salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, and crushed red peppers.
- Pour in your 3 cups of water, then add lemon juice to tenderize the ribs and slice your onion covering the entire surface.
- Set your crock pot on medium high and cook for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours of cooking pour off any excess juice. Then remove ribs from the pot placing them nice and even in a large square baking pan of choice. They should be tender but not to the point of falling apart.
- You can sprinkle across the top of the ribs about 1 Tablespoon of seasoning salt but this is optional.
- Cover the ribs with barbecue sauce of your choice. You can make your own with 1 Cup Ketchup, 1/2 Cup Mustard, 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar, 1/4 Cup Hot Sauce, dash of salt and pepper.
- Place pan of ribs in the oven and cook 30 minutes in oven at 350 degrees. Or you can place them on the grill to give them that smoked flavor.
|Serving size: 20|
|Calories from Fat||234|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 26 g||40%|
|Saturated fat 9 g||45%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 10 g||3%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 18 g||36%|
|Cholesterol 75 mg||25%|
|Sodium 100 mg||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|