- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Scrumptious Bacon and Shrimp Tacos
Rate This Recipe
A fajita-style combination of shrimp and bacon cooked with sweet onions and bell pepper, served in a hard taco shell and topped with fresh cilantro. Tailor mix-ins like tomatoes, lettuce, and mango to taste and serve with the usual sides of rice and beans.
Possible Sides and Drinks
- IPA would be great
- Spanish rice
- Black or re-fried beans
- 3/4 Pound Bacon (ends and pieces)
- 6 Ounces Shrimp, Tails Removed, (Raw or Cooked)
- 1 Bell Pepper (green), (Sliced)
- 2 Onions, (Sliced)
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro, (Minced)
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Pepper
- Salt, (To Taste)
- A Dash of Paprika
- A Dash of Black Pepper
- 1 Tomato, (Optional)
- 1 Cup Cheese, (Optional)
- 8 Corn Tortillas, (Cooked to taste or use pre-made taco shells)
- Cook bacon at medium heat until it releases fat (about 3-4 minutes) in a large, 12-inch pan.
- Add bell pepper and onion and reduce heat. Stir continually, adding spices and about half of the cilantro.
- Cook until bacon is crispy and vegetables are cooked. (If using raw shrimp, add just as the bacon is beginning to crisp. If using cooked shrimp, add at the very end.)
- Place into shells with cheese, tomatoes, and other desired toppings. Garnish with left over fresh cilantro.
Looking for sides that go well? Here are some ideas for ya!
- Chowhound says a spinach salad with lemon vinagarette dressing would be good. I say throw some cooked corn on top for real flavor!
- Food Network has a great recipe for avocado salse verde that looks tasty.
- Classic! You can always stick to the classic combination of rice and beans (and get all your essential nutrients).