Shrimp Bisque-Elegant and Easy
I grew up eating all types of delicious seafood dishes. It was normal for our family to munch on steamed blue crabs, raw oysters or fried clams but one of my favorite seafood dishes has always been Shrimp Bisque.
Now there are some recipes that take a lot of effort and may have been made by a famous chef, but not mine. I like a quick and simple recipe that I can put together for a family dinner or a house full of guests.
This Shrimp Bisque will have everyone believing that you are the best chef ever and you spent all day preparing this dish for them. Enjoy this easy recipe and all of the compliments that will go with it!
- 1 lb. frozen peeled, deviened and cooked shrimp
- 2 tbls. butter
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 3 cans tomato soup
- 1 cup light cream
- extra light cream for garnish
- croutons (optional)
- Remove tails and coarsely chop shrimp, divide in half.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Add onion and garlic, sauteing until onion is cooked.
- Combine in a blender or food processor, half of shrimp, onion/garlic and 2 cans soup.
- Pulse until pureed.
- Pour mixture back into saucepan with third can of soup.
- Simmer until hot.
- Add light cream stirring until combined.
- Divide remaining chopped shrimp into 6 bowls.
- Ladle soup over top.
- Garnish with extra light cream and croutons, if desired.