Shrimp Salad with Horseradish Dressing
If you love shrimp and horseradish this salad is for you! Tangy and flavorful, this dish is sure to be an instant favorite. Larger portions can easily serve as a main course salad or reduce the portion size for a killer fancy side dish.
The shrimp is cooked with spices and other seasonings to add an exceptional layered flavor to the finish product, and the dressing is a breeze to make. This salad takes minimal effort for amazing results!
1/3 cup horseradish
1/4 cup lemon juice plus
2 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp ketchup
1 tsp Worchestershire
1/4 tsp salt or to taste
1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
1 bay leaf (dried)
2 garlic cloves
1 Tbsp Old Bay seasoning
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 pound peeled raw shrimp, tailed removed
8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
4 chopped tomatoes (optional)
To make dressing:
1. Whisk dressing ingredients together in large bowl. Set aside or cover and chill for later use.
To make shrimp:
1. Fill medium pan halfway with water.
2. Peel and quarter onion, halve lemon, and peel garlic cloves
3. Add onion, bay leaf, Old Bay seasoning, salt, and pepper to water
4. Crush garlic and add to water
5. Squeeze lemon, add juice, and lemon halves to water
6. Place on stovetop on high and bring to boil
7. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes
8. Add shrimp and cook 3-5 minutes, until shrimp turns pink.
9. Drain pot, running cold water over shrimp to help stop cooking
To Make Salad:
Place lettuce and tomato, if using, in salad bowl, add shrimp and toss with dressing.