- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques
Slow Cooker BBQ Sauce
You Will Never Want Bottled BBQ Sauce Again!
Who doesn't love some finger licking good barbeque sauce? The right sauce will complement the meats flavor while giving it an extra kick of flavor. The month of May celebrates the delicious flavor of BBQ. I have been canning and making my own jams, ketchup's and sauces for years. All of my recipes have been handed down to me from both of my grandmothers and my mom. I still have her recipe cards where she has changed or crossed out an ingredient or measurement making the recipes her own. There are so many new ingredients and spices that have become popular in recent years and I like to add these to their recipes. This Slow Cooker BBQ Sauce uses fiery adobe peppers which gives a delicious smoky taste to the sauce.
Oval-shaped slow cooker with 6-1/2-quart removable stoneware crock
6-quart programmable slow cooker with LED digital control panel
May Is National BBQ Sauce Month
This thick, sweet and spicy grilled sauce is excellent on ribs, pork chops or chicken
- 5 cups Ketchup
- 2 cups Water
- 3/4 c. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 c. Dark Brown Sugar
- 5 tablespoons White Sugar
- 1/4 c. Dark Molasses
- 1/2 tablespoon Black Pepper
- 3/4 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Spicy Brown Mustard
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- 3 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Adobe Chili Pepper with a tsp. of sauce finely chopped from a small can
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot and stir until well blended. Cook on high for 1 hour. Remove lid and stir. Replace cover turn to low and cook for 5 more hours. Cool and store in tightly covered jars in the refrigerator.
Popular BBQ Sauces From Different Regions
I absolutely LOVE BBQ. Our family cooks out at least 3 times a week. We also go to BBQ festivals and competitions every chance we get. There are many different varieties of BBQ sauce from different regions around America. After living in several areas of the country I have came to really like Carolina Gold, Tennessee Whiskey and Kansas City Style BBQ sauces and they are all delicious. If I had to choose my all-time favorite BBQ sauce it would be a smoky sweet tomato vinegar style sauce.
Have A BBQ Tonight!
Delicious slow-smoked barbecue is a star-spangled American specialty, and there's nobody who knows how to put a barbecue smile on people's faces like Ray Lampe, the barbecue chef better known as Dr. BBQ. In Dr. BBQ's Big-Time Barbecue Cookbook, Ray shows every backyard chef how to bring the slow-smoked goodness of real barbecue to the table with a minimum of fuss and a maximum of finger-lickin' goodness.
This is a great grill for tailgaiting
Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce
While I was living in Beaufort, South Carolina I tried Carolina Gold bbq sauce on some ribs that a friend had made. I really don't like mustard that much so I was reluctant to try them. But boy were they good. I immediately set out to make my own version of this delicious gold sauce and this is what I have came up with.
Carolina Golden Honey BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups Yellow Mustard
- 3 tablespoons Ketchup
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 2/3 cup Cider Vinegar
- !/2 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Season Salt
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon White Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Celery Seeds
- Add all ingredients in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes.