Smokey Grilled Chicken Quesidillas
Sweet Grilled Pineapple Gives This Mexican Dish an Island Flare
I love cooking on my grill outside. Living in Orlando I can cook outdoors all year around. Food taste delicious when it has that smokey flavor and the grill marks always make the food look more appetizing. This recipe is a little sweet with a slight flavor of island spices and has become one of our families favorite quesidilla recipes.
This flavorful Quesidilla combines grilled chicken brushed with Slow Cooker BBQ Sauce , grilled pineapple, smokey bacon and gooey melted MontereyJack cheese. A sweet savory slightly spicy flavor everyone will enjoy.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 5
- 8 Flour Tortillas Fajita size
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (1lb)
- 1 pkg.McCormick Grill Mates Marinade, Island Woodfire,
- 8 oz.Hardwood Smoked Bacon, fried crispy and crumbled
- 2 cups. Grilled Pineapple, chopped
- 3 cups MontereyJack Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c. Slow Cooker BBQ Sauce (click above link for recipe) or sauce of your choice
- Olive Oil for Brushing Tortilla Shells
- Marinate boneless skinless chicken in McCormick Grill Mates Marinade, Island Woodfire for 1 to up to 3 hours in refrigerator. Preheat grill..and cook the chicken. (video instructions below). Set us aside. When cool cut into bite sized pieces.
- Lightly brush one side of each tortillas shell with olive oil. Place tortilla shell in basket oil side down.
- Lightly brush BBQ sauce on the tortilla.
- Layer with diced chicken, pineapple, bacon and sprinkle with 1/2 to 3/4 c. cheese.
- Place another tortilla shell on top oil side up and place on grill. Watch closely. Quesidilla is done when it is a crispy golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 4 or 5 minutes.
- Place on a pizza pan cool slightly. Cut with a pizza cutter.
Tip: This grill has a handy side burner to keep the bbq sauce warm
This Easy To Follow Video Will Teach You - How To Make Perfect Grilled Chicken Breast
This basket help hold your ingredients in the tortilla shells for perfectly cooked quesidillas
This basket is the one I used for this recipe
IUse a smoker box with flavored wood chips to give meat a deep smokey flavor
Have You Ever Made Quesidillas on the Grill?