Soba Noodle Salad
If you are looking for a salad to serve for a special occasion or when company's coming, this Soba Noodle Salad is it. It makes a nice size side salad to accompany fish or meat, but it can also be a vegetarian main dish by adding steamed veggies and tofu. I like the nice light dressing which provides plenty of flavor without taking away from the wonderful freshness of this dish.
- 8 oz. Soba noodles
- 1 cup julienne carrots
- 1/2 cup julienne cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 2 tsp. light soy sauce
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tbls. toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Cook Soba noodles according to package directions, drain.
- Arrange salad ingredients on each of four plates.
- In a small bowl mix salad dressing until brown sugar is dissolved.
- Drizzle salads with dressing.
- Top with sesame seeds and parsley.
If you enjoy eating green, you will love the healthy recipes in Vegetarian Times Magazine.
The magazine for a green and healthy lifestyle.