Solar Mars Meal
Spring starts off in the astrological sign of Aries. I write this on my 38th birthday. I am an Aries person designing this dish. I have selected a dish for spring inspired by this astrological sign. In traditional herbology many planets are assigned qualities which can describe herbs. In April the astrological sign of Aries is the one we start off in. It marks the beginning of Spring. Mars is the planet of war. This might not seem very spring like, but the plants are struggling to grow out of the earth.
This recipe contains spices that are governed by Mars. Mars is the ruler of Aries. Plants that are described as Martial have spicy, zesty, and hot qualities. In this dish I have included 2 spices which are assigned to Mars. Ginger is a spicy flavor with some heat. This dish is completely delicious. It is cooked in polyunsaturated oil to make it extra healthy. We have added a lot of sunflower seeds to give the dish a bit of protein. This is a very flavorful dish. I would definitely be interested in eating it again. I came up with this based on my knowledge of pairings of complementary flavors.
- 4 Tablespoons Grape Seed Oil
- 5 Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Package of Mushrooms
- 1 Head of Garlic
- 2 Onions
- 8 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Chili Powder
- 3 Dashes of Crushed Red Chili Peppers
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Ginger
- 3 Tablespoons of Honey
- 1 Cup of Sunflower Seeds
- Heat Grape Seed Oil in skillet.
- Add chopped tomatoes, garlic, and mushrooms. I cut the mushrooms in halves. The garlic I left as cloves. I enjoy eating whole cloves of garlic the cooking process removes the harsh taste.
- Add Soy Sauce and Sunflower Seeds.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add spices.
- Add honey.
- Add onion. Onion is healthier if it is only cooked for a few minutes. Cooking for too long removes the health benefits.