- Food and Cooking
Soup in a Jar Recipes
Gifts in a Jar That Are Sure to Please
Soup in a jar recipes make perfect gifts any time of year but especially at Christmas when you want to give a small gift to someone special.
A handmade gift in a jar is always welcome. And since just about everyone loves soup, giving the ingredients to make a hearty meal is a practical gift that will be enjoyed.
Prepare several of these and have them on hand for quick last-minute gifts.
Photo Credit: Peggy Hazelwood
Vegetable Pasta Soup in a Jar
Noodle Soups | Pasta Soup Recipes - Soup Recipes for Soup in a Jar
- Soup in a Jar Recipes - Gift in a Jar Ideas - Soup Mixes
Chicken Noodle or Minestrone soup in a jar recipes, layered for gift presentation, with photos and instructions.
- Homemade Soup Jar Mix | Movingmommy's Blog
I also did these gifts last year. Come join SoupaPalooza atÂ TidyMomÂ andÂ Dine and DishÂ sponsored byKitchenAid,Â Red Star YeastÂ andÂ Le Creuset Here are one of theÂ giftsÂ I made with my 3 yrÂ old for ourÂ family.Â Â These gifts are so much fun fo
- Budget101.com - - Pasta Soup Mix | soup mix recipes | soup in a jar recipes | gifts from your kitche
Create your own easy and delicious Pasta Soup Mix in a jar from our extensive food gifts from your kitchen soup mix recipes collection that will save your family time and money.
Clear Jars for Making Soup in a Jar
These clear jars will show off your soup beautifully! Choose one with a screw type lid or a jar with a lid that snaps shut. Either way, you can layer the soup ingredients so they look great!
Soup Recipes with Dried Beans - Southwest Recipes, Friendship in a Jar Soup, Beefy Bean Soup
- Friendship Soup Mix in a Jar
By Bea, Supporting Member -- "Your friends and family will love you for this! A soup mix in a jar recipe you can give out as gifts!"
- Lentil Soup in a Jar
If you're looking for something unique to give this Christmas, homemade gifts in a jar might suit your needs nicely. In addition, homemade food gifts are easier for you than giving out trays of baked goods to your friends.
- Beefy Bean Soup Mix - Soup Recipes - Delish.com
Who doesn't love a hearty soup? Give your recipients this ingredient blend to make preparation super-simple- and don't forget to attach the preparation recipe!
- Budget101.com - - Painted Desert Chili Mix | soup mix recipes | soup in a jar recipes | gifts from y
Create your own easy and delicious Painted Desert Chili Mix in a jar from our extensive food gifts from your kitchen soup mix recipes collection that will save your family time and money.
- Budget101.com - - Dozen Bean Pot Soup Mix | soup mix recipes | soup in a jar recipes | gifts from yo
Create your own easy and delicious Dozen Bean Pot Soup Mix in a jar from our extensive food gifts from your kitchen soup mix recipes collection that will save your family time and money
Make the Soup in a Jar Recipe Easy to Use
Add the seasoning to the jar in a plastic bag.
This way the soup maker can add the spices later
after soaking the dry beans.
(If you pour the seasoning into the jar loose,
it's impossible to separate the spices and beans.
The spices will be lost when soaking the beans.)
- 1 cup dry black beans
- 1 cup dry white beans
- 1 cup dry kidney beans
- 2 teaspoons dried pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons dried onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Be sure to include the complete list of ingredients for the soup in the jar so your friends and family can make the soup recipe again and again!
- So, here's an example of what to write on the recipe card (or type out) to give with the Soup in a Jar:
- Three Bean Soup
- Your Soup in a Jar includes: (List the ingredients you've added to the jar.)
- You'll also need: 2 small cans (or 1 large can) of tomatoes
- To make your soup:
- Rinse beans then soak overnight in four cups of water. Drain and rinse. Return to pan and add 6 cups water to the beans. Cover and bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce heat to low, simmer 1-1/2 hours.
- Add tomatoes and seasoning packet from jar.
- Stir occasionally, cover, and simmer another 30 minutes. Continue to simmer uncovered about 1 hour longer or until beans are tender and soup thickens. Serve warm.
How to Assemble this Soup in a Jar Recipe
First add the beans, one kind at a time, to form layers.
Next, add the dry seasoning mix to a small plastic bag and place on top of the beans.
Dress up the Jar - Make the Gifts in a Jar Special and Beautiful
Use ribbon around the neck of the jar to dress it up and to hold the instructions. If you want, tie a ladle or serving spoon on to the ribbon, too!
Use your favorite soup recipe for Soup in a Jar.
Add the dry ingredients to the jar
with the complete recipe.
Be sure to write down other ingredients they'll need like meat, tomatoes, fresh vegetables, etc.
Recipe Cards - to Instruct the Cook
If you are so inclined, spend a little extra time and hand write the instructions for the soup in a jar on an old-fashioned recipe card.
The extra special touch of writing it out in your own handwriting will mean so much!
These recipe cards feature retro aprons. What a fun idea to punch a hole in the card, slip a ribbon through and tie it to the soup in a jar.
Vegetable Soup Recipes - Perfect for Friends Who Are Vegan or Vegetarian
Check each recipe for pure vegetarian status. If they contain chicken or beef bouillon, usually you can substitute vegetable bouillon just fine.
- Diannes Dishes: Veggie Soup Gift Jar
Tis the season to give gifts, but in reality most of us have plenty of stuff, so why not give a gift that can be enjoyed and then be gone! ;o) This soup mix is a basic vegetable soup that is warm and hearty. It also comes together quickly and cooks u
- Potato Soup Mix in a Jar Recipe
All of the most delicious recipes on Delicious-cooks.com Potato Soup Mix in a Jar User's Rate of Potato Soup Mix in a Jar recipe is 4.3. We need: Instant mashed potatoes, 2 cups; Powdered milk, 1 3/4 cups; Vegetable bouillon granules, 2 tablespoons i
- Curried Lentil Soup - Holiday Gifts - Recipes - Good Housekeeping
Dried lentils and seasonings are layered into a beribboned mason jar to create this inexpensive, one-of-a-kind holiday gift.
Easy Soup Mix
Serving Spoon - for serving soup
This author, Peggy Hazelwood, participates in Amazon, eBay, All Posters, and other affiliate advertising programs. When you click an advertising link on this page and make a purchase, I receive a small percent of the sale. Thank you for reading this far!