Cheesy Low Carb Veggie Soup Using My Indispensable Kitchen Tool!
Sometimes You Need A Hot, Satisfying Dinner, Darn It!
This is what I reach for when I'm craving "comfort food," now that I'm having to eat the low-carb way due to hypoglycemia.
I always make sure I have a variety of bags of frozen veggies handy, and I always keep cheese on hand... so this is a quick, easy comfort food fix that takes about 5 minutes to make!
Hope you'll enjoy my easy recipe as much as I do.
My One Indispensable Kitchen Tool... - My Absolutely Favorite Saucepan! I Promise You'll Love It Too!
- Cook time: 10 min
- Ready in: 10 min
- Yields: 1-2
- 1 Bag Frozen Veggies Of Your Choice
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream (or Half & Half
- or any combo thereof)
- 1/2 cup your choice of shredded cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Can't Believe It's Not Butter or real butter or margarine
- Bring frozen veggies to boil in salted water. Simmer about 5 minutes or until as done as you want. Drain. Return to medium heat, add salt, pepper, butter (optional) and cream or half & half. Slowly bring just to a boil. Add cheese, stir in until melted, and remove from heat.
Don't Hold Back... Tell Us How You Feel!
Do You Ever Eat A Mostly-Veggie Dinner?