5-Minute Soupless Noodles
Noodles Ready in Just 5 Minutes!
Ivan owns one of the most popular ramen joints in Japan. His passion for the humble bowl of noodles shows through his writing and not surprisingly, this book shows you how to make a really good bowl of ramen at home.
In addition to recipes of most of the varieties of ramen, he includes additional recipes for side dishes that pair perfectly with your bowl of noodles.
When I was a kid, I wasn't too happy when my mother cooked me noodles for lunch. I was never really a fan of noodles in soup. The only way I'd eat noodles were if they were fried. As an adult, I've learned to enjoy them in all its variations, but I still have a fondness for fried or soupless noodles.
In my 20's, I found myself perpetually on the brink of bankruptcy and I had to make do with packages of instant ramen noodles as they were cheap and filling. Although I no longer live on a diet of instant noodles, I still eat them now and then, especially when I'm on a busy schedule with not much time to cook.
The Quickest Noodles You'll Ever Make!
These soup-less noodles are made with a package of instant ramen noodles and half a packet of the instant soup base. I find the entire pack too salty for my taste so I always suggest you add just a half packet before adding more. Although I've used a sprinkling of frozen vegetables and sausage, you can substitute any vegetables and/or meat you desire. Add some hot sauce like siracha sauce or Tabasco for added kick.
- I package instant noodles with soup base packet.
- 1/4 cup frozen vegetables
- 1/2 sausage
- pepper to taste
- hot sauce ( optional )
- Add frozen vegetables and sausage in a pot of boiling water. Cook for one minute.
- Add instant ramen and boil for 3 minutes.
- Drain everything in a colander to get rid of excess liquid.
- Put everything into a bowl.
- Add half package of the instant soup mix into the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add pepper and hot sauce to taste.