- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Beef Recipes
spiced up stuffed cabbage
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 1 hour
Ready in: 1 hour 5 min
Yields: makes about 5 to 6 servings
- 1 lb beef, 1/2 lb beef n 1/2 lb pork is desired or all beef
- 4 oz mushroom
- 3 small sized pepper, choose of red, yellow, and green
- 2 cans tomato in garlic and onion
- 1 1/2 caps apple cider vinegar
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 drops soy sauce
- 2 drops hot sauces
- 3 green onions
- 5 or 6 cabbage leaves
- 1 cup rice
- 1 8oz can pasta sauce
- 1 8oz sour cream, if desired
- preheat oven to 375.
Chop mushrooms, pepper and white part of green onion up. place into a small bowl with minced garlic.
- Place rice in a microwave safe bowl with 1 1/2 cups water, cook in micro wave for 6 minutes or until most of water is dissolved.
- Add beef to a large frying pan with 1 can of tomatoes, paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Allow meat to start browning, drain 3/4 of grease out. Then add in vegetable mix and rice. cook coved on medium heat for 15 minutes. stir occasionally
- In a large pot, good for steaming, place 2 cups water, Italian seasoning, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar. On medium heat. Put cabbage leaves in allow 5 to 10 minutes for leaves to steam depending on firmness you want.
- in a small pot on high heat place pasta sauce, 1 can tomatoes, cayenne pepper, and hot sauce together stir occasionally. bring to a boil then turn off
- Spoon in desired amount of beef mixture into each cabbage leaf. fold leaf ends over each other, and place folded end down in a large glass baking pan. Once leaves are in pan pour pasta sauce over top leaves till completely covered. Place in oven and bake about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. then serve.
Garnish with sour cream and tops of green onion if desired.