Spicy Beef Fried Rice
Rice dishes are so easy to make as well as being budget-friendly. A few cups of rice and some added ingredients can go a long way to feed a family or a large group.
This recipe for Spicy Beef Fried Rice is one of my favorites for when I am entertaining a crowd. I like that it can be changed to add whatever might be on sale or even leftovers you may have can be thrown in also. Beef can become chicken and leftover vegetables will fit right in to the mix. I like to add a bit of fruit such as pineapple for a fun dish.
The soy sauce and sriracha sauce can be added to your taste, so feel free to experiment according to your tastebuds.
- 1 tbls. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. round steak sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups cooked cold white rice
- 1 egg
- 2 tbls. soy sauce
- 1 tbls. sriracha sauce
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add steak and brown for 5 minutes.
- Stir-fry vegetables with the steak and continue cooking until steak is cooked and vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add rice stirring to combine mixture.
- Stir in egg, until well mixed and cooked.
- Add soy sauce and sriracha sauce to taste.