- Food and Cooking
Spicy Carrot Soup
I'm a big fan of casual dinners and especially when soup is the main course. Pairing a nice soup with a crusty bread makes a comforting and hearty meal. I like making soups with healthy ingredients that are also readily available. Spicy Carrot Soup is not only healthy, but delicious and quick to make. I like to make a double batch for dinner and have leftovers for lunch the next day, plus a few servings to freeze for a future lazy day.
- 2 lbs. carrots, peeled or scrubbed
- 2 tbls. butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. red cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- sour cream, if desired
- Cut carrots into 1 inch pieces, set aside.
- In a soup pot, melt butter.
- Add onion and garlic; saute until onion is soft.
- Add carrots, vegetable broth, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Simmer for about 25 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Add lemon juice.
- Puree soup in a food processor or blender.
- Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of paprika.
- Add a dollop of sour cream on top, if desired
Classic soup/salad bowls to go with any place setting.