Spicy Sausage Gravy
If you are looking for a delicious breakfast idea that is warm and comforting, try Spicy Sausage Gravy. I like to make this a day ahead which prepares the flavors to blend together so nicely. It's easy to reheat in the morning and serve over your choice of biscuits, waffles or toasted English muffins. Try this for breakfast and you may be tempted to enjoy it again for dinner too! For perfect gravy every time try a gravy shaker (shown below).
- 1 lb. hot pork sausage
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 3 tbls. flour
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a large fry pan, cook and break up sausage until browned.
- Drain grease from pan.
- Combine 1 cup milk and flour in a gravy shaker or lidded cup.
- Shake until mixture is smooth with no lumps.
- Add remaining milk and half and half to frying pan.
- Heat until hot and gradually add flour mixture.
- Stir until thickened.
- Add garlic powder and pepper.
- Serve over biscuits, waffles or English muffins.