Sprinkle Pancakes are the perfect way to start your day but they aren't just for breakfast any more. The best part of sprinkle pancakes are the smiles you share with family when you enjoy them together.
They are easy, all of my recipes are high in love, don't have too many ingredients, can be made from scratch or semi homemade. Sprinkle pancakes can be filled with rainbows or chocolate, designed perfectly for holidays and special occasions. You can eat them with a knife and fork or pick them up finger friendly style.
Add some syrup, top with fruit, melt some butter over the pancake stack or just enjoy them fresh from the pan.
Sprinkle pancakes are delicious and the best part about them is they are the breakfast fun my granddaughters and I made up - well maybe we aren't the only family in the world to ever make them, but with giggles and spoons we mixed up our first batch and now, it's a family tradition with every delicious sleepover party to have them for breakfast.
- Bisquick Shake and Pour Pancake Mix 10.6 oz:
- 1 and 1/2 cups Water:
- Rainbow Sugar Sprinkles:
- Shake the pancake mix in the container around a bit to loosen it up
- Add 1 and 1/2 cups of cool water
- Replace the container cap and shake, shake, shake. Shake it up really good to avoid any lumps in the batter
- Pour about half the batter into a 1 cup or larger measuring cup
- Add desired amount of rainbow sugar sprinkles - mix well so there is lots of yummy sprinkles in the batter, but not too many or it will make your batter really thick
- Heat your skillet or pan either one will work great
- Add some butter to the pan until it melts
- Pour a small amount of batter to form your pancakes and as they "fluff" add some more to get your desired size pancake.
- When the pancake starts to puff up use a spatula and turn to cook the other side
- The pancake almost instantly puffs up and is ready in seconds to remove from the skillet.
- Use up all of the pancake batter adding as many or as few sprinkles as you and your family like until all of the batter becomes your favorite sprinkle pancakes.
- Note** I love using the Bisquick Shake and Pour Pancake Mix but you could definitely substitute your own favorite pancake mix recipe and add your favorite flavor sprinkles to the batter.
Pancakes are perfect whether you use an electric griddle, skillet, pan or stove griddle.
Spatulas or pancake turners are great if they are silicone and won't scratch your skillet and even better with a slip "lip" on the end that will help you get under the half cooked pancake.
A 2 cup measuring cup is great to have for pancake recipes, cooking and baking all of your favorites.
Sprinkle Pancake Love: Have you ever made sprinkle pancakes? What is your favorite pancake topping? We hope you will share some pancake love and ideas with us and let us know if you think you will try our favorite family recipe for Sprinkle Pancakes!