Starbucks Coffee Syrups
Recreate Starbucks Lattes, Iced Lattes, and Flavored Drinks with Starbucks Syrups
Make your own Starbucks drinks at home with the easy to use flavor shots and coffee syrups. Sweeten your espresso into an iced mocha, or turn your milk and espresso into a Caramel Macchiato with a few pumps of tasty syrup.
Starbucks has a wide variety of tasty drinks in the form of lattes, iced lattes, frappuccinos, and teas that use their specially formulated Starbucks flavor shots. These shots are the secret ingredient to making espresso and milk turn into their famous lattes and coffee drinks. Want a Caramel Macchiato? The secret is the syrup. In the mood for a iced hazelnut latte? A few shots of hazelnut syrup to espresso, milk, and ice should do the trick. With your favorite Starbucks syrups on hand, making delicious drinks just like your barista shouldn't be hard at all, and you might even save some time and money in the process.
Peppermint Mocha Twist. Photo by Stephen Wu on flickr.
How to Make Your Latte Taste Just Like Starbucks
Copycat replica drinks - tips on making a great latte like your barista
You don't have to be a barista to have your latte taste good. Sure, they have the sophisticated machinery and tools to work with, but you can make an equally impressive beverage right in the comfort of your own home just by following these tried and true coffee making steps:
- Always use cold milk when steaming milk. Whole milk or higher fat milk usually steams better than skim (though it is still possible).
- Never try to steam cream. It doesn't steam well, and creates a salty crust that is not palatable.
- Always follow making the drink in these steps: espresso, flavor, milk, ice (if it's an iced drink), then topping.
- Serve the drink at home with a straw if it is iced. Sipping out of a cup just isn't the same experience, and tastes much different (not to mention it's harder to drink).
- Brew the espresso fresh, don't take shortcuts and make it ahead of time.
- Add plenty of ice to iced drinks, and use an insulated ceramic mug for hot drinks.
Using Flavor Shots and Syrups
How and when to use them - and what they'll taste like
During the latte making process, you'll steam your milk as you normally would for a plain latte, but before combining the espresso and steamed milk, you'll add the syrup/flavor shots to the espresso. Usually melting the thick syrups like caramel macchiato will result in a smoother beverage. For the clear flavor shots, there's no need to melt them since they are very fluid. Simply stir into the espresso, add the milk, then top as desired.
For Iced Lattes
Don't steam the milk for iced lattes. Just add the espresso and syrup to cold milk, adding the ice last. Try to fill the cup 2/3 with ice to keep the beverage cold enough.
Find all of the syrups you need to make the perfect latte or flavored drink by clicking through a product featured on this page.
Now Available on Amazon - Get these syrups shipped right to your door!
At $3 shipping per bottle, that's not a bad price. Straight from the horse's mouth, these are sold in fact by the official Starbucks store on Amazon. A convenient way to stock up and get all of the syrups you need all at once.
Does the Espresso Machine Matter?
How espresso affects the taste of the drink
The espresso machine you use will always affect the taste of the beverage, but it may not necessarily affect the quality. One big shortcut you can take is to use a ready-made capsule espresso machine to brew up espresso shots quickly without the mess. There is a small difference in taste, but not a big one. In other words, the amount of time you'll save using pods/capsules is probably worth the small taste sacrifice. Of course, if you really want the drink to be just like Starbucks, then go for the espresso machines that you have to grind, pack, and brew espresso shots the normal way.
Types of Flavor Shots Available
Flavor shot options - from hazelnut to pumpkin spice
- Hazelnut - Nutty, refreshing taste perfect for hot and cold drinks
- Vanilla - An all-time classic syrup ideal for those looking for something sweet and fresh
- Toffee - Combine this with mocha for the ultimate mocha latte!
- Almond - This flavor also combines well with mocha, or also with other syrups like vanilla
- Mocha - Mocha syrup is the base for mocha lattes and also as topping for frappuccinos
- Caramel - Just a few pumps is more than enough to sweeten a large (venti) drink.
- Pumpkin Spice - Out for only a limited time, so grab this while you can!
- Gingerbread - Spicy molasses, cinnamon and clove flavored syrup, perfect for the holidays
- Peppermint - Soothing, clean peppermint flavor that blends well with mocha
How to Make a Starbucks Gingerbread Latte - Use these tips to help make a great latte!
Great Espresso Machines
Vanilla Syrup - Flavored vanilla syrup from Starbucks on auction
Who doesn't like vanilla? The prices below might just be the cheapest that you can find anywhere online.
Mocha Syrup - Make your own white chocolate mocha - hot or iced!
These are in fact hard to find, and hard to buy, too. Not all stores will sell their syrups, so buying them online is a good alternative. Here's what available right now for Starbucks mocha syrups on auction: