Starbucks Coffee Drink Recipes
Easy to Make Starbucks Coffee Drink Recipes!
Ahhh, Starbucks. There's no big chain coffee store that makes a better espresso...actually, they're better than many small cafes! The quality of the espresso and coffee are excellent, especially considering the large size of the company. The only drag about Starbucks is not finding one when you need it! If you don't live near a Starbucks, or you'd just like the convenience of being able to brew your own Starbucks recipes at home, try these products that will help resemble your favorite coffee drink.
Starbucks drink photo by Visual Panic.
Starbucks Caramel Macchiato Recipe
Make the famous Starbucks drink at home!
The Caramel Macchiato is one of the staples on the menu at Starbucks. It tastes delicious on ice, or as a hot latte. It's simple to make with Stabrucks syrups, or you can make your own caramel sauce if you prefer. This recipe in particular has won a lot of praise, and is simple to make.
Ingredients for Caramel Macchiato
- 3 Fresh Brewed Shots of espresso
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup whole milk (whole milk steams the best!)
1. Pour the fresh brewed shots of espresso and caramel sauce together into the serving mug. Stir until thoroughly mixed, or if your prefer, leave it as is like Starbucks sometimes does. Add the vanilla to the mixture and stir.
2. Steam the whole milk until very frothy, but not burnt.
3. Pour the liquid from the milk, holding the froth back with a spoon, into the espresso mixture. Top with the remaining froth. Drizzle extra caramel sauce on top if desired.
How to Make a Starbucks Iced Latte
Easy steps to brew up your own tasty iced latte
This recipe couldn't be easier if you have an espresso machine. The classic latte tastes incredible on ice, and is very versatile -- meaning it can taste any number of ways depending on how you flavor it. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Milk: 2%, whole, skim, whatever you prefer
- Fresh brewed espresso, at least two shots
- Starbucks original syrup, or sugar
- Ice, preferably smaller cubes
- Tall glass or travel mug if on the go
- Straw (optional but recommended!)
- Pump 2-3 squirts of flavored syrup into the cup/mug, or place desired amount of sugar into bottom of cup (1 tablespoon is a good amount).
- Prepare espresso, then pour espresso into the cup.
- Stir espresso and flavored syrup or sugar until thoroughly dissolved.
- Add enough ice to cool the drink--usually 2/3 of the cup.
- Top the drink off with milk. Shake or stir if you prefer a mixed consistency.
Don't know your Starbucks Size Lingo?
It's easy. Sizes:
Large = Venti
Medium = Grande
Small = Tall
Mmmm...Iced Lattes...wouldn't it be nice to make one at home??
Brew it Like a Pro with an official Starbucks Espresso Machine! - Make it just like the local Starbucks without leaving home
This machine is equipped with everything you need to make a spectacular espresso, cappuccino, latte, iced latte, or doubleshot, you name it! There's no reason you can't have cafe-quality (or Starbucks quality in this instance!) espresso at home. This machine rocks!
Starbucks Syrups for Sale on eBay - An easy way to make a latte from your home
It can be tough sometimes to even get the syrups in the store! There are plenty of eBay sellers that specialize in selling Starbucks syrups and coffee equipment. Here are a few:
How Hooked are You on Starbucks? - Take our Starbucks poll!
Did you know...that the strength of the coffee's taste has nothing to do with much caffeine is in it? While some coffees may have a stronger taste than others, that actually isn't an indication of the caffeine level!
How many times a week do you hit Starbucks?
Coffee sitting on burners gets burnt in only 20 minutes. Drink it up, or the taste will suffer! Better yet, make iced coffee with the leftovers by unplugging the burner and pouring it over plenty of ice. It keeps in the fridge for a day or two if covered.
Starbucks is Just about Everywhere! - How close is your local store?
How many Starbucks locations are within 15 minutes of your home?
Starbucks Espresso Machines on eBay - Save cash by shopping for top quality espresso machines on eBay!
To brew a great espresso, you have to have a great machine! You also need to have an excellent coffee, but first you need the machine. Here are some Starbucks Espresso Machines for sale right now on eBay.
Click through a product to start your own search!
How to Steam Milk for a Perfect Cappuccino
Easy steps to make your own picture perfect cappuccino drink
- Brew espresso first, then place into a separate cup/mug. Dissolve any sugar or flavoring with the hot espresso.
- Use only cold milk. Usually, the fattier the milk, the better results you will get with the foam. Never use cream!
- Steam the milk so that the wand is submerged into the milk. For best results, hold the steam cup so that the top of the steam wand is just barely submerged.
- As the foam is created, move the steam cup accordingly so that the top of the wand is always just under the foam.
- Don't oversteam the milk! It tastes gross burnt!
- When pouring the milk, use a spoon to hold the froth back. Pour the liquid into the cup first, then scoop the foam onto the top.
- Serve, sprinkle with cinnamon/cocoa if desired.
Latte...Cappuccino... what's the difference?
They look the same, but they don't taste the same. Lattes typically have much less foam, and more hot milk. Lattes also are usually flavored, while cappuccinos are usually plain with much more foamy froth. Cappuccinos have way less milk and more espresso by ratio.
Starbucks On the Go... - Unique Starbucks travel mugs!
If you invest in an espresso machine or coffee machine for your home, it can cut down a little bit on your morning commute time. Yes, you'll have to brew it yourself, but there's no waiting in line! Here are some nifty Starbucks Travel Mugs on eBay...they just happen to make some of the cooler ones for sale!
You can practically smell it through the computer!
Brewing Espresso Made Easy... - Simplify your espresso brewing with a simple pod system!
Part of brewing espresso at home that seems unappealing is all of the work. Nespresso has taken care of that.
Nespresso's coffee pods feature many different varieties of espresso, and brewing couldn't be any easier. To brew, you simply insert a pod and press brew.
Just order some pods online from nespresso.com before you get your machine and you'll be good to go. Oh, and the quality of the espresso is actually surprisingly good!
Starbucks Espresso Truffle Latte Recipe
A richer tasting mocha!
Starbucks introduced the Espresso Truffle Latte this past year. With chocolate shavings and a rich chocolate flavor to the drink, it was a more flavorful upgrade from the traditional Cafe Mocha. Here's something similar that you can make at home:
- 3 shots of fresh brewed espresso
- 2 Tablespoons of Starbucks Signature Hot Chocolate
- 3/4 cup cold whole milk (it steams better!)
- 1 tablespoon of semi sweet chocolate chips (get the mini ones if you can find them, they melt easier!)
1. Pour the hot espresso into a large ceramic mug with the chocolate chips. Stir or whisk until the chocolate dissolves into the espresso completely.
2. Add the hot chocolate to the espresso and stir in until smooth.
3. Steam the milk and slowly add the hot milk first to the mix, stirring the entire time. This will ensure the drink is smooth, and not lumpy.
4. Add the rest of the steamed milk and froth. Top with whipped cream if you'd like. Starbucks also tops the drink with what looks like dark chocolate shavings. For an iced version of this drink, do not steam the milk.
Chocolate Truffles photo by qwrrty.
Never use Cream!
If you're brewing an espresso, it just doesn't taste good at all to steam cream of any sort in the drink. If you're going to use cream, add it in cold. It doesn't froth, and it tastes sort of salty when steamed. Now, whipped cream as a topping, that's a different story!
How to Make a Starbucks Doubleshot on Ice
Delicious espresso & milk with sugar
Have you tried the Starbucks Doubleshot? If you're an espresso lover, it's an amazing drink! It's just straight espresso and milk, with a little sweetener. After a little experimentation, we came up with a very comparable drink. Here's how you can duplicate it at home:
- For a venti iced doubleshot, brew up 3-4 espresso shots, depending on your taste.
- Add one tablespoon of sugar, or 1 or 2 squirts of Starbucks syrup to your drink
- Melt the sugar/syrup with the espresso. Stir it up well.
- Fill an ice shaker completely with ice. Pour the espresso/sugar mixture into the shaker. Shake it up really well until freezing cold.
- Pour the ice and espresso mixture into a cup or mug. Add enough milk to top off the drink. Enjoy!
The Magic of the Mocha... - Make your iced or hot Starbucks caffe mocha at home with easy powder!
Starbucks' mocha powder is in several of its drinks, most notably the cafe mocha and hot chocolate. Now it's ready to take home!
Starbucks Gingerbread Latte Recipe
A tasty holiday treat spicy enough for all year!
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons Ground Ginger
1 1/4 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
To make the syrup, combine the sugar and water into a large saucepan. Mix under low heat, then add the rest of the ingredients and increase the heat to medium until the mixture reaches a boil. Simmer for approximately 20 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid scorching. Cool, and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. This should last about 10 days.
To make a Gingerbread latte, add two shots of hot, brewed espresso to about two tablespoons of gingerbread latte syrup. Stir the syrup and espresso together, melting the syrup completely. Add steamed milk and you have a gingerbread latte! Enjoy!
Starbucks Iced Cafe Mocha Recipe
This recipe couldn't be any easier!
The Iced Cafe Mocha is pretty simple to make if you have the right ingredients. You don't have to use their products either, you can substitute any type of espresso or fine ground chocolate to achieve similar results. One thing that won't work as well is liquid chocolate like Hershey's...the quality isn't as good, and the quality of your Cafe Mocha will suffer as well.
- Cold 2% milk
- Small ice cubes (smaller cubes=colder drinks, and more will fit in your cup)
- 2 Tbsp. Ground chocolate with a higher percentage of cacao, like Ghirardelli's mocha chocolate mix, or a good hot chocolate mix
- 2-4 shots of freshly brewed, hot espresso
- Whipped cream (optional)
- After brewing the espresso, pour the ground chocolate into the bottom of the container you will be using. Try using a large travel mug, or a tall glass.
- Stir the hot espresso and ground chocolate together, melting the chocolate entirely.
- Pour enough milk into the container to fill 2/3 full.
- Fill the remainder of the drink with ice. To get the drink ice cold, pour the mixture into a shaker and shake until cold.
The invasion of Starbucks shops across the US is almost entirely dominant, except for some spots on the east coast. Most of New England and other northern states are hooked on Dunkin's, but more Starbucks shops are creeping in. On the west coast, there are virtually no Dunkin' Donuts shops, but you can find a Starbucks anywhere!
It Tastes Better in a Mug... - All coffee tastes better when in a mug!
If you're brewing a shot of espresso, a hot cappuccino, or hot latte, they taste better in a mug. Why? Some say it's the way the air circulates, some say drinks taste different in different containers.
What Makes you Visit Starbucks?
What's your favorite type of drink at Starbucks?
Starbucks Gift Cards - Give the gift of Starbucks to friends and family!
It's the perfect gift for the caffeine addict in your family. It's also a great way to just use your credit card once, then just use the gift card when you visit Starbucks. They can be conveniently reloaded online as well!
Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Latte
This is like a combination of Starbucks new Salted Caramel drink with a latte!
Yes, salt in a hot chocolate or latte sounds pretty strange, but Starbucks has managed to make this drink incredible. It's like drinking a chocolate covered pretzel, kind of hard to describe. If you're a fan of this drink, you might like this similar recipe:
Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Latte
-3 shots of brewed espresso
-1/2 Tablespoon ground hot chocolate (the better the quality, the better this drink will taste...try Ghirardelli)
-2 squares dark chocolate (use high quality here too!)
-1 Tablespoon caramel syrup
-1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
-1/2 teaspoon turbinado sugar
-1 cup whole milk
1. Steam the milk and pour it in a saucepan with the dark chocolate, ground chocolate, and 1/2 of the salt. Stir constantly on very low until the chocolate melts and mixes. Add the caramel syrup, then the espresso.
2. Pour the mixture into a mug and top with whipped cream and the remainder of the sea salt, plus some more caramel on top of the whipped cream and the turbinado sugar. This is a very rich, induldgent drink, so enjoy!
Shakers to Get your Drink Cold & Mixed - Make your Starbucks drink ice cold and mixed well!
Shakers will thoroughly mix your drink, while making it ice cold at the same time. Stainless steel is highly recommended since it won't chip, and it's very easy to clean.
Starbucks Gift Baskets
Gift giving made simple...for the coffee lover. And who doesn't love coffee??
We'll experiment and see if we can try to come up with a close recipe to the original!
What's the Next Recipe You'd Like to See Here?
Starbucks Links & News
- Starbucks Price Cut!
Starbucks has announced it will offer discounts and free drinks in the near future!
- Complete Starbucks
The wiki article on Starbucks.
- Starbucks Gossip
The latest on Starbucks...new drinks, love, criticism, stock, and more Starbucks gossip!
- New Smoothies?
A new line of smoothies at Starbucks?
Your Favorite Coffee Chain
Listed here are some of the biggest coffee chains in the US. It's hard to go very far without encountering one of them, especially Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts!
Of all of the coffee chains that you've tried, wha'ts your favorite?
Caffeine...Good or Bad?
While some studies have linked pregnant mothers' caffeine consumption to hyperactivity in their children, there has also been early research claiming coffee can sort of "flush out" toxins in the body as well. A cup or two might not be such a bad thing!
The Architect Collection
Sometimes you see them, sometimes you don't...but they're always on eBay. Find your favorite cities and collect them all!
Starbucks makes a huge amount of different syrups to flavor your cappuccinos, lattes, espresso, or even to use in soda!
Be sure to leave your thoughts here! Have a recipe? Love Starbucks? Know someplace much better? Tell us!
P.S.: I just completed a page on Dunkin' Donuts coffee recipes, for those of you that aren't Starbucks lovers!