Steak Fried Rice
Growing up I've always enjoyed eating Chinese food. My family and I would order from our favorite Chinese take-out place at least once a week. No matter what I ordered, I would always get a side of fried rice. That, for me, was the highlight of the meal.
Now that I have my own family, I wanted to share the once a week tradition of having Chinese food with them. Instead of ordering take-out, which gets rather expensive, I make my own fried rice at home. Its very simple to make and everyone loves it!
All photos taken by me, SofyBelle
- Dice carrots & onions
- Mince garlic
- Cut steak into desirable pieces
*EVOO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 10 min
- Ready in: 20 min
- Yields: 4
- 1 tsp *EVOO or *EVOO spray
- 4 cups brown or white rice ("Success" 10 minute rice)
- 1 lb thin cut steak
- 1 cup carrots; diced
- 1 cup peas; drained
- 1/2 cup onion; diced
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp garlic; minced
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- Garlic salt with parsley; to taste
- 2 eggs (optional)
- Lightly grease pan with *EVOO or *EVOO spray
- Add soy sauce, minced garlic, ginger powder & garlic salt to pan
- Add steak & onions; cook on medium heat for 10 minutes, turning once half way through
- In separate pot while steak is cooking, prepare rice as directed on box
- Meanwhile, add carrots to pan with steak and cook until rice is done
- (Optional) Push steak & veggies to side of pan; add eggs & scramble
- Add peas (will heat up fairly quickly)
- Remove from heat
- Add rice to meat & veggie mixture
- Mix & enjoy!
to suit your individual taste
There is a variety of additional items that you can add to the fried rice to delight your palate.
- Green peppers
- Water crescents
- Or any other vegetable that you desire
to make the dish complete!
- Ginger Sauce
- White Sauce
- Duck Sauce
- Teriyaki Sauce
Ginger sauce makes a perfect topping for my fried rice, but my family prefers white sauce. Since there are so many different tastes, it's important to offer a variety of sauces when serving your family and/or guests. Its also nice to provide extra soy sauce so each individual may add more to their plate if they desire to.
14 inch carbon steel. Wonderful for preparing fried rice
Adds an elegant look to your meals. Lightweight and dishwasher safe
For easy rice making