St.Patrick's Day Green Cocktails
Tasty Green Drink Ideas For The Special Day!
Forget the green beer for St.Patty's Day! Why not mix it up with some fun and tasty green cocktails? Tickle your taste buds with flavors like green apple, kiwi, cucumber, and more! Find some wonderful drink recipe ideas here that are perfect for this special day - or any day really! Throwing a St.Patrick's Day party? Wow your guests with a wonderful array of green spirits!
Included in the Guinness Book of World Records is the highest number of leaves found on a clover - 14!
Green Kiwi Vesper
2 Kiwis, peeled and sliced (leave a couple slices unpeeled for garnish!)
2 oz. Vodka
2 oz. Gin
2 oz. Lillet Blanc
1 cup Ice
1) Muddle kiwifruit, vodka, gin, Lillet Blanc and ice in a cocktail shaker.
2) Shake all ingredients and strain into two sugar-rimmed martini glasses.
3) Garnish with unpeeled kiwifruit slice.
* Serves 2 *
Photo Credit: Family Features.com
The 1st St. Patrick's Day parade was not in Ireland. It was in Boston in 1737.
Green Dublin Apple Cocktail
2 oz. Irish whiskey
1 oz. Sour apple Schnapps
2 oz. White cranberry juice
1) Pour whiskey, Schnapps, and cranberry juice into a cocktail shaker.
2) Add ice and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
3) Strain into a chilled martini glass.
4) Garnish with a fresh apple slice!
Photo Credit: www.rd.com
A Traditional Irish Toast For Your Festivities:
“May your glass be ever full.
May the roof over your head be always strong.
And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.”
Peppermint Pattie Cocktail
1 1/2 oz. Chocolate flavored vodka
1/2 oz. CrÃ¨me de menthe
1/2 oz. Chocolate liqueur
1/2 oz. Cream
1 Peppermint Pattie candy wedge for garnish
1) Add all ingredients into a mixer with ice and shake vigorously.
2) Strain into a chilled martini glass.
3) Garnish with a Peppermint Pattie candy wedge!
Photo Credit: www.nochelatina.com
An Irish Blessing:
“May you always have...
Walls for the winds, A roof for the rain
Tea beside the fire, Laughter to cheer you
Those you love near you
And all your heart might desire.”
1 1/2 parts Grey Goose La Poire Flavored Vodka
1/2 part Elderflower Liqueur
2 parts juiced cucumber
1/2 part lemon juice
1/2 part simple syrup
Lemonade or Club Soda
1) Mix all ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
2) Shake vigorously and double strain.
3) Serve with cubed ice and garnish with mint, cucumber slices and lemon zest.
4) Top with lemonade or club soda.
Photo Credit: www.cocktailsdrinkrecipes.com