- Food and Cooking
Vegetarian Strawberry Jello Pretzel Dessert
A Beautiful Tasty Dessert for Vegetarians or Anyone!
Ever buy a giant pretzel and dip in into strawberry jello or jam? No? Well, you probably thought they wouldn't go well together. You will change you mind after you have this dessert.
We all love tasty things. This is a wonderful and very easy dessert that will send anyone back for more. The sweetness of this particular Vegetarian dessert is in contrast to the salty pretzel crust but they really taste great together!
Interspersed between the recipe and information is some classic strawberry art for your enjoyment.
Please enjoy your visit!
- (2 1/4) Cups Pretzels - Finely crushed
- (3) Tablespoons brown sugar
- (3/4) Cups of butter
- (1) 6 Ounce package of strawberry jello (instant or sugar free is ok)
- About (2) cups of frozen strawberries
- you can use real if you like
- (3/4) cups of sugar or xylitol
- (1) 8 ounce package of cream cheese
- Whipped cream if you like
- 1) Melt the butter
- 2) Mix the pretzels with the brown sugar and melted butter.
- 3) Press the mixture into a greased pan. If the items are not sticking together properly, then use more butter.
- 4) Bake the pressed mixture in a 350F oven for about 5-10 minutes.
- 5) Prepare the jello by using the instructions on the box and add all the strawberries. Put in the refrigerator but monitor until it just starts to set.
- 6) Using a mixing bowl or Magic Bullet, mix the cream cheese until there is a smooth consistency. If you are using whipped cream, add it in slowly.
- 7) Spread the mixture over the cooled crust and be sure to cover the pretzels completely, sealing them so the jello does not seep through into the pretzels.
- 8) Cover the cream cheese with the jello and strawberry mixture.
- 9) Place the pan in the refrigerator until it is cool and then serve!
I Love This Stuff - Almost Tastes Like Strawberry Cheesecake with a Saltier Kick!
The "Strawberry Thief" Printed Textile Designed by William Morris - 1883
What is your Favorite Berry?
My favorite berry is:
Why Make a Strawberry Dessert When You Can Just Buy One?
Order your dessert and tell your friends that you made it!
You won't find a strawberry cheesecake that is more delectable than this one. Buy several and give as gifts or just eat them all yourself. Not in one sitting, please.
"Still Life With Strawberries" - Hannah Brown - 1863
"The Strawberry Girl" - Albert Anker - ca 1890
"Strawberries in a Basket" - Joseph Decker - 1887
Grow Your Own Strawberries! - Fantastic way to have organic strawberries and they grow almost everywhere!
If you love strawberries and always worry about whether they are organic or not, why not grow your own? These will continue to grow year after years.
Great buy and these are fun to grow! Buy several and get your recipes ready!