Strawberry Appetizer Cups
You may not think that strawberries can become an appetizer, but why not? Actually they are very delicious in this recipe for Strawberry Appetizer Cups. A crispy phyllo shell, juicy fresh strawberries, rich cream cheese and a touch of basil makes this dish a winner for any occasion. If you still prefer to have strawberries for dessert instead, I have included a magic tip.
Tip: Add a little sugar to the cream cheese and this one doubles as dessert.
Serves: 24 pieces
- 2 boxes mini fillo dough shells
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- balsamic vinegar
- sour cream
- fresh basil, if desired
- Place 1 tsp. cream cheese in the bottom of each shell.
- Fill with strawberries and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Top with sour cream.
- Garnish with basil, if desired.