- Food and Cooking
Summer Orzo and Shrimp Salad
Picnics and cook-outs are a perfect time for a fresh summer salad. I like this recipe for Summer Orzo and Shrimp Salad because it is easy to prepare, store and take on the go. All of the ingredients can be prepped a day ahead and tossed together at the last minute. The dressing is light and refreshing with a touch of dill which enhances the flavor of the shrimp and vegetables.
For a fancy summer party, serve individual portions of salad on lettuce leaves and top with a small lemon wedge.
Keeps salads and cold dishes fresh and safe for hours.
- 2 cups orzo
- 1/4 cup lemon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbls. fresh chopped dill
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced and halved
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- In a large bowl combine lemon juice, olive oil, dill and salt.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss well.
- Keep chilled until serving time.