Summer Salad Recipes: How to Make Carrot Salad
Summer Salad Recipe Ideas: Easy to Make Carrot and Raisin Salad
When the weather outside is frightfully hot or even unbearably cold you can learn how to make some delicious summer salad recipe ideas. For instance, you can learn how to make this easy to make carrot and raisin salad recipe.
This is one of our family favorite recipes that you can use to make your own carrot and raisin salad. It is easy to make and only uses just a few ingredients to create this delicious summer salad recipe idea.
A special thank you to alvimann over at morguefile for photo use.
This is an easy to make recipe for making some delicious carrot and raisin salad. You will only need 4 ingredients to make this salad. These include carrots, raisins, mayonnaise and some sugar. I will instruct you to make this salad in the only way I know how to do so. Most often here at home the ingredients for this salad are just thrown together just like many of the other great tasting recipes that our family have made for years. You can make this into a large salad to serve lots of people by just increasing the amount of ingredients you will include or you can make this as a single salad serving depending on the amount of ingredients you will use to make you own salad.
- 1 bunch carrots
- 1 large box raisins
- 1 or 2 dollops mayonnaise
- 1 or 2 teaspoons sugar
- Rinse and drain the bunch carrots. We use the whole bunch while making carrot and raisin salad here at home since everyone loves it.
- Peel the carrots and cut off both end pieces. You can then grate the carrots or you can place them in a salad shooter or other food processor to grate the carrots into a medium to large size serving bowl. Set aside until needed.
- Next, you will add the raisins in with the grated carrots. When we make a large salad we might add the whole large box of raisins. You should add them according to your own preferences. If you like a lot, add a lot, if you like a little add a little. Stir or toss the carrots and raisins together.
- Add 1 or 2 dollops mayonnaise. You want to add just enough to hold and bind the carrots and raisins together. Next you will stir in the 1 or 2 teaspoons sugar. Again, you can add a bit more or not even add the sugar if you prefer. We prefer mayonnaise; however, you can also make this summer salad while using whipped salad dressing if you prefer to do so.
- Mix all ingredients well. Cover with lid or clear plastic food wrap. Place in the refrigerator over night or for at least 4 to 5 hours. The longer you leave it the more the raisins will plump back up.
- There you go a simple and easy to make summer salad recipe that only uses just a few ingredients and only takes a few minutes to prepare. However, since carrots and raisins are readily available throughout the year, you can make this delicious summer salad recipe idea even with snow on the ground.
Searching for even More Delicious Recipe Ideas?
If you are like many others who love to prepare meals and snacks, you might also be searching for all the different types of recipes you can find, even salad recipe ideas. The links below will lead you to a large recipe collection.