- Food and Cooking
Sunbeam Heritage Mixer Makes the Cake & Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies
My Sunbeam sits right on my counter like my mom's did when I was a child. If your countertops have 15" clearance below the top cabinet this mixer fits. That's a real bonus.
It's full of nostalgia and promise and only $98.98 (12.22.13)
even less than I paid for mine a few years ago. The mixer has delivered on its promise in every way. I chose it because of the name and the history of this brand in my household for several reasons:
- it's lightweight, so it's easy to move or put it away or out-of-sight when I need all the counter space for entertaining or when canning, for example
- it has rubber feet that keep it put on the counter (less well known and lighter weight cheaper mixers scoot all over the place when tasked with a thicker batch of ingredients), so problem solved!
- reputation and classic design means something to me, along with Amazon's great satisfaction policy
- large size bowl, chrome beaters, and 2 bowl placement settings make it easy to add ingredients at the side
- nice sleek shape is so easy to wipe clean
For me, it's much easier to buy gluten-free breads than to learn to make them, so I don't use the mixer for yeast bread making. If I was a regular bread baker I think I would buy a KitchenAid like the one I used to own.
When I need all my counter space it's so easy to move my mixer onto my closed stacked washer/dryer out of sight of guests and when it's time to whip the cream I just bring it back into place where it belongs.
My favorite use of my mixer is in making my own recipe for Gluten-free Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies.
The small bowl is best for whipping cream and all those other teeny things. Can't be without it.
Such silicone spatulas are handy to keep in the drawer below my mixer's place on the counter.
For all the yeast bread makers I loved this Artisan mixer back in the days when I baked up a storm.
Living a rural life raising kids I baked bread regularly and came to depend on my white KitchenAid for heavy duty kneading in the bowl.
Mine's white but it comes in seven colors.