- Food and Cooking
Super Lemon Bundt Cake
When I make a lemon cake, I want a lot of tangy lemon flavor. This is why my Super Lemon Bundt Cake contains much more lemon than your average lemon cake. Not only does this superb cake have lemon juice in the cake batter, but in the luscious glaze as well.
Ah, the glaze! I love the little pools of delicious lemon glaze that gather around the bottom of the cake. It's so much fun to spoon them up and add more lemony goodness to an already perfect piece of cake!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
- 2 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbls. lemon juice
- 1 tbls. milk
- Prepare a 12 cup Bundt pan greased with butter or cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add butter to a mixer bowl and cream with sugar.
- Add lemon juice and eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in half and half and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Pour into pan and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and remove from pan.
- Combine glaze ingredients adding more milk if needed.
- Spoon over cake.