Sweet Chilli Chicken and Butternut Wrap - My favourite!
I Love Sweet Chilli Sauce, Chicken and Wraps, so when I discovered this all together as a Wrap at our latest Gourmet Fast Food Deli, I just HAD to try it! One of our friends, a chef, has just started this amazing little business called the Luncbox Cafe and all their food are made with love and great ingredients, including organic if they can source it! It was absolutely divine and even my husband couldn't wolf it down fast enough!
Great, nourishing, nutritious food!
I'm putting this recipe together basically to remind myself that I could easily make this as well! You can add/remove ingredients in the filling according to taste or replace the chicken with beef or turkey or other leftovers and use another sauce, but the concept stays the same: a parcel of lovely, crunchy, tasty homemade food! The sprouts just made it for me!
You can use shop bought tortillas or make your own,
For some more inspiration, pop in and have a look at Jamie Oliver's wraps - he is SOOOO good!
- One (or more!) Tortilla - Shop-bought or Self-made
- A Cup of Pre-Cooked/leftover Chicken Breast Pieces cut into chunks/torn into strips (stir fried is fast and yummy!)
- Half a Cup of Pre-Cooked Butternut Pieces cut into chunks
- 60 g Feta Cheese
- Some Cherry Tomatoes
- Some Lettuce(I prefer the frilly ones of various colours!)
- Pieces of Rocket/Dhania/other herbs
- A Large Sprinkle of Sprouts
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- A Sprinkle of Dried Mixed Herbs (optional)
- Prepare the Tortilla in a pan or griddle
- Cut cherry tomatoes and feta cheese into smaller pieces (You can also use large tomatoes, I just prefer the taste of cherry tomatoes!)
- Lay all the ingredients out on the tortilla starting with the chicken and butternut, layering it
- Sprinkle with the salt and other spices and herbs you would like to add
- Spread the Sweet Chilli Sauce over the top and on the sides
- Wrap it up!
- You can make it travel ready by rolling it up into a sheet of sandwich wax paper to enjoy later!
Love his presentation, personality and approach! Very inspiring!