Sweet Potato Crisp
Whenever I'm invited to a party, they always ask me to bring my Sweet Potato Crisp. I could be concerned and wonder if they only want me for my food, but I don't mind because it is a super easy casserole to bring to parties.
I'm a vegetarian, so I always bring meatless dishes to parties to make sure that there is something yummy for the vegetarians and to show the meat eaters that vegetarian food is delicious. Sweet Potato Crisp is the most popular meatless dish that I prepare. It's super easy to prepare, and it's a one-dish meal that's super easy to transport to parties.
This book features a nice selection of vegetarian recipes for Thanksgiving and other holidays and family celebrations.
Sweet Potato Crisp Recipe
This is a fantastic treat for Thanksgiving, or any time you are in the mood for something sweet and crunchy. This dish is easy to make and easy to travel with, if you need to bring a dish to a gathering. My family loves this!
- 4 cups canned sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 T butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 T butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mash the sweet potatoes. Mix together with sugar, eggs, 2T butter, milk, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Spread sweet potato mixture into baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, pecans, flour and remaining 3T butter.
- Spread the crumbly topping over the potatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Try this and let me know what you think.
I prefer vegan sweet potato crisp
Vegan Sweet Potato Crisp Recipe
Sweet Potato Crisp
* 4 cups canned sweet potatoes
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup apple sauce
* 2T Earth Balance or other vegan margarine
* 1/2 cup plain or vanilla flavor soy milk
* 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 cup chopped pecans
* 1/2 cup flour
* 3T vegan margarine, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a large bowl, mash the sweet potatoes.
Mix together with sugar, apple sauce, 2T vegan margarine, soy milk, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
Spread sweet potato mixture into baking dish.
In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, pecans, flour and remaining 3T margarine.
Spread the crumbly topping over the potatoes.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Vegetarian Food and Recipes
- Easy Broccoli and Cheese
A super simple way to get your kids to eat more broccoli. Vegans can skip the butter and replace the mayonnaise with Veganaise. Also, replace the cow's milk with plain almond milk or soy milk. A great vegan cheese is Vegan Gourmet.
- Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin bread is a fantastic hostess gift when you are invited to someone else's house for Thanksgiving dinner.
- Tofurky Roast
The men in my family really love the Tofurky Roast for Thanksgiving dinner. It's super tasty and stuffed with wild rice and whole wheat bread crumb stuffing.